Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petals

• 20-10-2009 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭

HI all.
    I think the time is getting close now for me to brave the measuring sections and get a maternity bra. One thing I'm a bit concerned about tho is nipples. I know most mat bras are just plain cotton underwired bras. I've been wearing padded bras till now, and feel I'm going to be very conscious of the nipples poking out. They always had a tendency to be be a bit sticky outy, but they're really huge now, so if they're gonna be on show I'll be mortified!
    Does anyone know what I can get, some kind of insert to hide them away from public view. I looked it up and saw silicone petals, but they seemed more geared for those choosing not to wear a bra. I'd have no choice on that one anyway lol!!
    Also any recommendations on what dept store is best for getting myself kitted out?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Stay away from the underwire bras. It's not recommended in pregnancy.

As for the headlights issue, you will most likely need breast pads at some stage during your pregnancy (for leakage) so maybe invest in a few washable reusable ones and start using them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I've gotten my maternity bra's in Mothercare. They're plain enough but they do the job! They do big sizes too which has been handy!

As Kitty said, get yourself some breast pads! They do the trick for those pesky peanuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The breast pads are great. Now the the weather is getting colder they have saved me from some embarrassing moments :D

I have to say though I'm eight months now and I'm still wearing my under wired bras. I didnt know you werent meant to wear them during pregnancy so I've just kept wearing them as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Thanks for that guys. Where is best to get these, chemists?

fi1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for that guys. Where is best to get these, chemists?

Boots, Mothercare, even Tesco have their own brand of disposible

I know a lot of people use the reuseable ones which are washable...probably better in the long run if you are planning of breastfeeding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

as for maternity bras...they are expensive!!

I used sports bras for a long time, and worse some to bed for support too. After that I went to Marks and Sparks and got high support cloth bras....no underwire....do the trick.....saved moola!

hacked wrote: »
    as for maternity bras...they are expensive!!

I used sports bras for a long time, and worse some to bed for support too. After that I went to Marks and Sparks and got high support cloth bras....no underwire....do the trick.....saved moola!

Agreed, complete rip off. Any kind of stretchy bra will do the job just as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I got the M&S two pack. Cheap as chips and they have lil pockets inside for the breast pads to be held in place.

Much cheaper (and more comfy) than the sports bras I got originally for the purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've gotten my maternity bra's in Mothercare. They're plain enough but they do the job! They do big sizes too which has been handy!

As Kitty said, get yourself some breast pads! They do the trick for those pesky peanuts!

Almost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I got the M&S two pack. Cheap as chips and they have lil pockets inside for the breast pads to be held in place.
    Much cheaper (and more comfy) than the sports bras I got originally for the purpose.
    So did I and the two pack was 27 quid. Is this actually really cheap for maternity bras??
    I was so mortified about measuring/getting a bra that I just went to one shop and never really looked around.
    How much do they normally cost?

• Advertisement

I got mine in H&M..a pack of two was 17 euros or thereabouts and they are really comfy

Funnily enough I also bought on in Tesco for a fiver and its one of the most comfortable bras I have ever worn....

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I got a two pack of high support bras in marks and sparks for 16 euro....MUCH cheaper than the maternity bras, and basically the same!

You can look out in Tescos too. I bought two, but personally found that they actually didn't give much support, so never really ended up using them!

Advertisement