If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer

Options
  • 20-10-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

Could you recommend a Subwoofer that will connect to my Cambridge Audio 340R which I bought from yourselves.

I'm looking for something that is neat enough and won't break the bank.

Cheers,
    Finn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Finn Dub,

Probably worth posting up what speakers set up you have, budget and room size.

MAJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

Thanks MAJJ.

My budget is about 150-200 euro, my speakers are fairly basic, just 5.1 speakers taken from a Sony surround sound system, they connect to my Camridge 340R and work well.
    The room size is a fairly standard living room, approx 4m x 4m.

Cheers,
    Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

bump also interested :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Finn Dub wrote: »
    Hi,

Could you recommend a Subwoofer that will connect to my Cambridge Audio 340R which I bought from yourselves.

I'm looking for something that is neat enough and won't break the bank.

Cheers,
    Finn

Finnm

apologies for missing your post (and thanks to hick for reminding me)

How about the matching Cambridge Audio S90 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s90/camb-s90-blk Pic of back it's an excellent subwoofer and at £179.95 / €199.99 it's excellent value - and we can offer free shipping on that model.

Alternatively if you are looking for something a bit more compact & Stylish you could have a look at the Monitor Audio Radius 360HD at our crazy £199.95 / €219.99 price (unfortunately it's just about to go up in price :eek:)
    Available in beautiful Piano Black or White it is a real feature product and as it's Monitor Audio it sounds great as well!

Keep me posted if any of the above interest you and again aploogies for the delay in getting back to you guys,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

John,

Thanks for your reply, just saw the S80 on your site:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s80/camb-s80-blk

Looks fairly similar to the S90, could you do free shipping on it? It is a good Subwoofer?

Cheers,
    Finn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Hi John et all ..

Finn-Dub , excuse me for jumping in on our subbie thread :-)

I am also in the market for a sub, to go with my recently purchased denon avr 1909 and boston Dsi 250s ...

My question is to do with what cables do I need between my amp and sub ?

I thought it was just 1 phono cable , but I noticed on the Monitor R360 HD, there are Stereo/ LFE RCA inputs ... Is this normal ?

My sparkies are finishing the cabling on my extension at the moment and I want to make sure I have left the correct cables ...

Cheers,

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Bob,

You only need a single cable to connect the sub to your amp, you would plug this into the right hand channel on the sub.

Finn Dub wrote: »
    John,

Thanks for your reply, just saw the S80 on your site:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s80/camb-s80-blk

Looks fairly similar to the S90, could you do free shipping on it? It is a good Subwoofer?

Cheers,
    Finn

Finn, thanks for the reply - I have not heard the S80 yet personally - bt it is a less powerful Sub than the S90 - I can do the S90 on a Boardie special at just £149.95 / €166.99 including delivery if you were interested??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

bob11 wrote: »
    Hi John et all ..

Finn-Dub , excuse me for jumping in on our subbie thread :-)

I am also in the market for a sub, to go with my recently purchased denon avr 1909 and boston Dsi 250s ...

My question is to do with what cables do I need between my amp and sub ?

I thought it was just 1 phono cable , but I noticed on the Monitor R360 HD, there are Stereo/ LFE RCA inputs ... Is this normal ?

My sparkies are finishing the cabling on my extension at the moment and I want to make sure I have left the correct cables ...

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Ronan - dead right - a single screened audio cable is all you need something like this would be excellent!

Thanks as ever and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.