Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If ya like this, try that..?

Options
  • 20-10-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Apologise if this is an old idea but I'm sooo bored of my 'limited' collection & looking for inspiration, I have to admit the chart and popular stuff is pretty much beyond me at this point (with the odd aberration), so got to thinking, if I put up a thread of what I like, maybe some kind people may have some suggestions on artists to try that I'd not considered ?

Right now I'm liking:

Mick Flannery
    The Frames
    Kings of Leon
    Nirvana
    Green Day
    Killers
    Coldplay
    REM

Not exclusively above, anything and everything really but its indicative...
    so, kind people, any help here ? - Thanks

FBP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

At the moment for me it's:

Phil Collins
    Mark Knopfler
    Sir Elton John
    Bruce Springsteen
    Meat Loaf
    Billy Joel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

fatboypee wrote: »
    Apologise if this is an old idea but I'm sooo bored of my 'limited' collection & looking for inspiration, I have to admit the chart and popular stuff is pretty much beyond me at this point (with the odd aberration), so got to thinking, if I put up a thread of what I like, maybe some kind people may have some suggestions on artists to try that I'd not considered ?

Right now I'm liking:

Mick Flannery
    The Frames
    Kings of Leon
    Nirvana
    Green Day
    Killers
    Coldplay
    REM

FBP
    Not to be harsh or anything but that is pop/chart music. If you want to get some new music to listen to, howabout trying to ease yourself out of the pop/chart zone. That music is horribly polished, watered down and unoriginal, it's made to be radio friendly, thereby keeping artistic integrity to a minimum (REM and Nirvana being the exceptions). Then again if that's what you like, that's what you like and don't let people try and convince you otherwise. My recommendations in that case would be to keep listenening to 2fm.

If you listen to music on your computer, lastfm.com is your first step. It will scrobble what you listen to (make a record of it) and then start giving you recommendations after a while. Or else you can go to the pages of artists you know you like and find out what stuff is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

fatboypee wrote: »

Right now I'm liking:

Mick Flannery
    The Frames
    Kings of Leon
    Nirvana
    Green Day
    Killers
    Coldplay
    REM

FBP

If you like Mick Flannery - Try Mic Christopher, Fionn Regan, Leonard Cohen
    The Frames - Bell X1, Once Soundtrack, Damien Rice
    Kings of Leon - The Hold Steady, Lynard Skynard
    REM - Modest Mouse, The National
    Green Day - Foo Fighters, Less than Jake

Maybe also try Interpol's Antics, White Lies, Editors - all quite poppy radio friendly rock stuff of the type you seem to like.

Advertisement