Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router advise needed

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.
    I’m new to the whole network area so please be patient.
    I am looking to purchase a router that I can plug my portable hard-drive into and use as a network drive.
    I have two computers at home one upstairs and one downstairs so will be transferring large files in both directions.
    I have a strong internet connection 2mb fibre based if that’s any help.
    Was using a D-LINK DIR-655 I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and their share port facility will not work anymore.
    So am looking for recommendations on a high end router that I can leave on 24/7 that will solve all my problems if that’s possible??

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I installed Cisco SB101 routers in a two Ready Mix Concrete Plants for a client. Harsh environment. Switched them on four years ago and haven't had to do anything to them since. Linksys is the retail arm of Cisco and they are fine for domestic use.

Advertisement