Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city centre restaurants

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi I was wondering could somebody recommend a nice restaurant in town, somewhere that does a nice steak, preferably in or around Temple Bar. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I haven't been to the Temple Bar one but still would recommend FXB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

xia wrote: »

+100, Beer battered haddock and lovely sexy roasted chips *drools*.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

check out www.menupages.ie

do your search on temple bar and you can read customer reviews on diff restaurants and see what general opinion is

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

xia wrote: »

Was in the Temple Bar FXB's on Saturday. 10oz fillet steak for around €30. Best steak ever. Nice restaurant, staff are great, can't recommend it enough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

Tante Zoes on Crow St does a nice steak and lot of other yummy cajun dishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Odessa - across the road from Temple Bar on Dame Lane. Nice food, nice service imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

I would recommend Fire on Dawson St for a good steak. Reasonably priced, great selection and lovely restaurant. It also gets pretty good reviews on menupages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Miskatonic wrote: »
    Tante Zoes on Crow St does a nice steak and lot of other yummy cajun dishes.

I'm not sure, but I think this place (unfortunately) closed down Miskatonic.

The Pigs Ear does a mean rib eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I think Tante Zoes is still open for the time being. I was in there a few weeks ago for my brothers stag. I'd highly recommend it. It's me and the wife's favourite restaurant in Dublin. I'm personally gonna be very sad to see it go. If it's still open, go in there and get yourself some dooky gumbo.

If it's not open, I'd also recommend an Indonesian restaurant called the chameleon beside the hapenny inn. was in there a few months ago and it was lovely

whiterob81 wrote: »
    I think Tante Zoes is still open for the time being

Good news Miskatonic and whiterob81! I don't know what made me think it was closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Possibly, the fact that it's been announced in the papers that it's due to go out of business soon. Maybe. ;)

But definitely, do go check it out if you get the chance. They do a great surf and turf on the evening menu

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Possibly, the fact that it's been announced in the papers that it's due to go out of business soon. Maybe. ;)

That's it. I hope they survive, I have been there, but it's so long ago I can barely remember what I had, so deffo taking your advice, going there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

lightening wrote: »
    That's it. I hope they survive, I have been there, but it's so long ago I can barely remember what I had, so deffo taking your advice, going there soon.

Yeah, I would be sad to see them go, it's one of my fav city centre restaurants. Will defo have to go next time I'm back in Dublin now if they're still open.

Just had a look at their website, they are doing a 'credit crunch lunch' offer between 12-4pm - main courses for €8.50. Sounds a good offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fire do a good steak as do Eden (although Eden is over-priced in general I find)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sinners in parliament st used to do a great steak..i've been meaning to check if they still do.

Advertisement