Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES GRANTED !!!!!!!

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Got my letters this morning all my licences have been granted :D

Money to be posted and licences will be issued in 7 working days :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Hey, nice one Bunny Shooter. You may have the first in the country! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Congratulations and well done Bunnyshooter and fair play to the Garda that you have been dealing with.

I know they did not make it easy for you and I am sure that any logical thinking firearms holder wouldn't have a problem with the powers that be doing back ground checks and the likes once the hope of keeping our firearms is not taken away.

Maybe a bit of common sense is coming into the this now from the powers that be, a persons history of firearms ownership must be taken into account and is the best reference/referee they can look at.

My opinion only.

PS. Can you explain this part (Money to be posted) does this mean that we don't go to the post office now.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Fantastic news bunny. Want to give details on the licences when they arrive, what form they eventually take? Still in no-man's-land with my latest. There's a lot of venison I'm not eating these days as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

BornToKill wrote: »
    It depends what time his Postman got there! :D

I got 2 this morning, both for Non-Restricted firearms.

Here's a delivery envelope:
    93633.jpg

Note the absence of anything identifying it as anything to do with firearms.

Here's the letter:
    93634.jpg
    Note the bit that states: "Payment must be accompanied by all of this letter."
    This may or may not be an issue when queueing at the Post office or when dealing with an individual behind the counter.

For the moment, it's of no great consequence, as can be seen from the accompanying leaflet:
    93635.jpg

And in the interest of completeness, here's the pre-paid envelope for returning the payment:
    93636.jpg

So, it appears that the system is chugging along merrily, at least at local (Superintendent) level.
    I still await responses on my Restricted stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Got my letters this morning all my licences have been granted :D

Money to be posted and licences will be issued in 7 working days :D

nice one,i bet you look like this to day:D:D happy hunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There's a lot of venison I'm not eating these days as a result.
    Not to worry I will eat it for you instead:D Stew tonight.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

Happy shooting Bunny. What type of firearms were you licensing?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not to worry I will eat it for you instead:D Stew tonight.;)

Feck off and stop taunting me, will ya? :p

Rovi, I notice they're still calling it a .220, was hoping that would be one of the failures they ironed out of the new system. Hopefully mine will be rolling in nicely now.

Rovi, I notice they're still calling it a .220, was hoping that would be one of the failures they ironed out of the new system. Hopefully mine will be rolling in nicely now.
    I seem to remember somewhere here, during a discussion about the difference between nominal calibre (as stamped on the barrel) and actual calibre (variable, depending on what's measured: diameter of bullet, diameter across lands, diameter across grooves, whatever), that someone said that they'd gotten clarification from the FPU that nominal calibre would be used.
    I'm pretty sure this grew out of concerns over whether .303 British was Restricted or Non-Restricted; it's apparently Non-Restricted by virtue of the .303 stamped on the barrel, the actual measured diameter of the bullet/rifling being irrelevant.

It looks like the new system still doesn't account for the vagaries of calibre nomenclature, unless there's more detail recorded on the actual Licence.
    Time will tell.

Incidentally, the other letter I got this morning was for a shotgun, and there's no mention at all of calibre/gauge on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sikamick wrote: »
    Congratulations and well done Bunnyshooter and fair play to the Garda that you have been dealing with.

Yes, my FAO is a gentleman to deal with. It's the Super that's a bit of a problem. But he is learning thanks to conversations with the FPU, thanks guys. Thanks to Des & Joe too ;)
    I know they did not make it easy for you and I am sure that any logical thinking firearms holder wouldn't have a problem with the powers that be doing back ground checks and the likes once the hope of keeping our firearms is not taken away.

I have no problem with jumping through any hoops tbh as long as they are reasonable and not an attempt to deprive me or other law abiding people from owning firearms.
    Maybe a bit of common sense is coming into the this now from the powers that be, a persons history of firearms ownership must be taken into account and is the best reference/referee they can look at.

Being a sceptic I reckon money might be the motivation more than common sense :( However a persons "history" should come into it especially is it is unblemished
    PS. Can you explain this part (Money to be posted) does this mean that we don't go to the post office now.

Rovi posted scan of leaflet above (beat me to it lol) basically the over the counter side isn't ready yet and cheques, bank drafts, credit card details have to be sent with letter to an "An Post" address ........ NO CASH lol

• Advertisement

BornToKill wrote: »

Rovi is disputing that claim :D But I was 1st to post it on boards :p

Fantastic news bunny.

Thanks. Yes it is :D:D:D
    Want to give details on the licences when they arrive, what form they eventually take?

Will do unless Rovi beats me to it :p
    Still in no-man's-land with my latest. There's a lot of venison I'm not eating these days as a result.

Keep the faith I know your pain ;)

G17 wrote: »
    Happy shooting Bunny. What type of firearms were you licensing?

Thanks ;)

Rifle = .22lr., .220 Swift & .303 Lee Enfield - all unrestricted
    Shotgun = 12G S/A - unrestricted

Further to post above........my .22lr is referred to as .22 Inches and my Swift is referred to as .220 Inches

Rovi wrote: »
    It depends what time his Postman got there! :D

09.50 :p

He got me out of bed on my day off :(

I was having a nice sleep in BUT I was happy when I opened them letters :):):)

Thanks ;)

Rifle = .22lr. .220 Swift & .303 Lee Enfield - all unrestricted
    Shotgun = 12G S/A - unrestricted

Further to post above........my .22lr is referred to as .22 Inches and my Swift is referred to as .220 Inches
    Good to see a .303 actually getting licenced as Non-Restricted.

Your experience of a difference being drawn between the .22LR and the Swift leads me to suspect that the actual Licence will have the correct information on it.
    I hope! :D

Rovi wrote: »
    Good to see a .303 actually getting licenced as Non-Restricted.

+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I posted this 4 days ago:
    2 months and 4 days but at last i've got a receipt of application letter from An Gardai. I know its not a licence but after 2 months its nice to hear some sort of reply. They said they have until 11/01/10 to make a decision so guess i'm gonna need some more extensions...........please............Gardai.............hello........biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Looks like the pleading worked. Got all my licences this morning. Everything bar the pistol. All dated 18/10/09. Means less than a week after the receipts for my applications i got the licences. May have been a slow start for the Gardai but they are in 4th gear now and moving on.

You post your postal order, cheque, bank draft or credit/debit card details with your letter to Clare (within 30 days) and you get your licence posted back to you within 7 days (from receipt of letters). Can get my new 30-06 within the next week or so.

(PS - You can't see it but i'm doing a jig :D)

PPS - Congrats Rovi and bunnyshooter.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Rovi is disputing that claim :D But I was 1st to post it on boards :p

Rovi's dispute carried ;) He wins on 1st delivery :D Anyone else wanna challenge him ? :)

I haven't even gotten the letter of receipt of application yet. I'll be quite miffed if this is now propping up a desk in the district office. I've an extra while to wait when it does come back as well for the article 7 to clear up north before I can get it. (Have asked for some ammo on the article 7 however, so a few boxes of stuff I can't find here will sweeten the deal nicely if I ever get the bloody thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Recieved my letters of payment today for my 308 and .22 but no word on my 243? wonder why they werent all sent together?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭TMC121

Congrats Bunny Shooter!!
    Still waiting on the receipts for the applications never mind anything else.

TMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

Wouldn't mind the postman waiking me up at 2 am on sunday morning if it was to give me my license !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭berettadt10

Got mine today also for two of them. No word on my other two,, maybe tomorrow!!

I think it's time to give some credit where it's due. The feckers beat the 31/10 extention date they set themselves. Not too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nice one guys, I'm delighted for ye :) No word yet on any of my applications.

I think it's time to give some credit where it's due. The feckers beat the 31/10 extention date they set themselves. Not too shabby.

Licences have been granted ................... haven't got them yet :p

Money being posted in 10 minutes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Fair play to all of ye that have received letters of approval and credit goes to the gardai for getting them out before the 31st.

Now will have to wait patiently for the postman over the next few days :rolleyes:;);):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Are any of these granted licenses for a restricted firearm?

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Congratulations to all ye lucky fe*%*rs, I'll be waiting at the door for the postman now. But not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

I think this a lift for everyone in the shooting community well done lads.

Advertisement