Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES GRANTED !!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Bananaman wrote: »
    Are any of these granted licenses for a restricted firearm?

B'Man
    Mine aren't, and I don't think any of the others are either.

I'd LOVE to be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

A fiend got his for all his firearms, one of which is a .22a SW Pistol.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Well done and congrats lads. :D

Anyone in the county Limerick area even get letters of receipt yet? My lot are gone in since 16 Sept I haven't received any acknowledgement from the boys in blue yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Sikamick wrote: »
    A fiend got his for all his firearms, one of which is a .22 SW Pistol.

Sikamick
    Duck and cover - fiend with a pistol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sikamick
    Excellent news, great to hear.

Looks like we're still waiting for something Restricted to make its way through the system though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

Sikamick

Do you know if that was with a modified 5 round mag or the original 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Bananaman wrote: »
    Are any of these granted licenses for a restricted firearm?

B'Man

Mine are all un restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Rovi wrote: »
    It depends what time his Postman got there! :D

Ah c'mon Rovi and you a moderator! You know the rules - first to post it here wins! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BOG FLY

Got mine today, except one, probably get it tomorrow.
    I Have sent all notices back this afternoon with postal orders in prepaid envelope.
    I look forward to getting my licences.

Well done to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Great to hear the good news:D I'd imagine there will be s few lads sleeping very soundly tonight.

No word on my new 308 though:( but at least the ball is rolling.

We'd better hope that Clive has got some good news or thre will be hell to pay:eek::D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

G17 wrote: »
    Do you know if that was with a modified 5 round mag or the original 10?

No, same as it came from the factory.

Sikamick

PS. VCRAI member just called, he has got his license for the .303 .

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Just arrived home to find mine, 2 shotguns and 22lr (nothing about the silencer i requested on it?)

No sign of the .223 yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

No, same as it came from the factory.

Thanks, that's FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Great news lads, well done to your local boys in blue.
    At least the rest of us can wait in hope now instead of despair.
    Im still waiting in Limerick divisional area too by the way.

A Country Voice :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

First thing i done when i got the letters notifying me of my successful applications (when i stopped dancing) was to drive straight down to my local dealer and secure the deal on my new Savage FTR. Never be satisfied, eh :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Great to hear the good news:D I'd imagine there will be s few lads sleeping very soundly tonight.

No word on my new 308 though:( but at least the ball is rolling.

We'd better hope that Clive has got some good news or thre will be hell to pay:eek::D;)

Yes I got the Sako 308 granted and the payment letter today.

Whats that I see Light at the end of the tunnel
    Terrier wrote: »
    Just arrived home to find mine, 2 shotguns and 22lr (nothing about the silencer i requested on it?)

No sign of the .223 yet!

I was told from someone at the FPU that the license will have an "S" on it if you are granted the moderator for the gun.

I'm still waiting on a reciept for my 22lr, but have got one for the 223.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

How strange was that, I unrestricted my restricted shotgun last night. Approval in the post today for it and the 308:D

Roll on the most important one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

That's all great news!:D
    Congrats on all the licenses granted, bunnyshooter and all others.
    Nice to see the system might actually work!:D

Still awaiting my post every morning with bated-breath.....Trying to stay:cool:
    but at least I now know that the paperwork is actually getting through the system OK and things may be looking up.

Well done to all!

(And to the Gardai for obviously ironing out the teething problems and for getting the whole yoke up and running!)

Let's hope all goes swimmingly from here on in!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Wonder why almost all of the posters who recieved letters about licence didnt recieve all of them together, In my case i recieved my 308 and .22 but not my 243? going to give it till friday and then contact gardi as my extension is up for my 243 at end of present month?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

clivej wrote: »
    Yes I got the Sako 308 granted and the payment letter today..

Nice one, glad to hear it.

.....and it gives me hope that i might get mine before i sail off to Valhalla.:D

• Advertisement

ranger4 wrote: »
    Wonder why almost all of the posters who recieved letters about licence didnt recieve all of them together, ...........

This has happened to me every year that i can remember. Always one letter came a day even two after the others. Just a post office thing i assume as they all have the same date stamped on them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭berettadt10

lets hope thats the case!! neaarly over the sleepless nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

tell me something is that all over country or just one or two county,? is there anybody from galway with good news? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Great news am delighted for ye guys hopefully might have my new 17hmr soon.

ezridax by any chance was Adrian handling your applications?
    Just wondering are they doing them by certain divisions first apparently my application was one of the first with him

I'm not sure we're in the same parish. I deal through Munnelly, he is the FO in abbeyleix. I fall under his jurisdiction. He is sound as a pound, and couldn't be anymore helpful unless he filled in my applications and paid for my licenses (ps.- i checked he said if he paid for mine everyone would want theirs paid for :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭berettadt10

Howdy
    Im in Meath, and taking with a friend of mine in Wicklow, he got his aswell with first post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

ezridax wrote: »
    I'm not sure we're in the same parish. I deal through Munnelly, he is the FO in abbeyleix. I fall under his jurisdiction. He is sound as a pound, and couldn't be anymore helpful unless he filled in my applications and paid for my licenses (ps.- i checked he said if he paid for mine everyone would want theirs paid for :D)

Oh right me in Portlaoise Adrian O donaghue FO here, sound man couldn't do enough for ya guess we just lucky with them in Laois:D
    Anyways it has given me some hope that you got yours unless they starting on the A's at the moment

Well look at it this way, when my FO in Abbeyleix is finished they are forwarded onto Portlaois for final verification and back to him. So it looks like the Super (Reegan i think) is on the ball. TBH i have never had a bother with him in the past. Used to live near portarlington, same story. FO there would forward all applications to Portlaois for verification and back again to Portarlington. No problems then, none now.
    guess we just lucky with them in Laoisbiggrin.gif

You got it in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

I am in Galway , the only thing in the post yesterday was the road tax :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

sharky0922 wrote: »
    tell me something is that all over country or just one or two county,? is there anybody from galway with good news? :p

Yes got 3 out of 4 yesterday

Advertisement