Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES GRANTED !!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

Have been told that my licences have been approved but they couldn't be completed on the pulse system as our club has no pulse id yet (applied for 2 weeks ago and still no word) apparently "computer says noooo"
    Which is confusing as another member recieved his papers today (from a neighbouring district) so how come he can get his details on pulse but mine can't?
    Local FO said he'll look into it.....To be continued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

G17 wrote: »
    That makes for very good sense I reckon. A very easy solution, which I'd never thought of!

i think its typical irish thick-mickery at it best , having a 6 shot gun thats illegal to load to its capacity , this is the sort of s***e that has the irish a laughing stock around the world :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I suppose the rep bodies will be trying to get the SI amended to reflect reality more closely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rob308

Received mine this evening as well, 308 and 22 hornet. They seem to be rattling along with them. Hope it continues for the rest of you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

LB6 wrote: »
    Well done and congrats lads. :D

Anyone in the county Limerick area even get letters of receipt yet? My lot are gone in since 16 Sept I haven't received any acknowledgement from the boys in blue yet

in the same boat also not even a letter of reciept yet for 2 non restricted and 1 restriced and my extension runs out on the 31st.

i might have to make a phone call or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

civdef wrote: »
    I suppose the rep bodies will be trying to get the SI amended to reflect reality more closely?
    No, We just had a ring around and we decided it was a great idea and should have been done years ago :rolleyes:

We actually only wanted it to be two rounds but the Gardai insisted on five. I ask you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Seriosuly though, is anyone getting the sense the Guidelines might be the way the SI could be revised to reflect?

civdef wrote: »
    Seriosuly though, is anyone getting the sense the Guidelines might be the way the SI could be revised to reflect?
    The guidelines say exactly what's in the SI. You need to read the bit on page 9 in conjunction wil Annex F.

So I'm not sure what exactly you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

rowa wrote: »
    i think its typical irish thick-mickery at it best , having a 6 shot gun thats illegal to load to its capacity , this is the sort of s***e that has the irish a laughing stock around the world :mad:

Yeah it's a bit, well, crazy alright, I suppose a similar argument would be, your Fiat Panda can do 150kmph but you can't drive it over 120kmph, or you can but you're f*cked if you're caught. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

got both licenses (shotgun & .270) in the post yesterday :D:D:D

• Advertisement

G17 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit, well, crazy alright, I suppose a similar argument would be, your Fiat Panda can do 150kmph but you can't drive it over 120kmph, or you can but you're f*cked if you're caught. :D
    Excellent analogy G17, must remember that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

fair play to everyone who got their licences in the post, all i got were a couple of bills!!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

bang wrote: »

has anyone else got permission for a Mod under the new regime?

I applied for one on my 22lr and .223.
    Both licences have been approved but it doesn't state anything on the letter, waiting to see if it's on the licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bang

Terrier wrote: »
    I applied for one on my 22lr and .223.
    Both licences have been approved but it doesn't state anything on the letter, waiting to see if it's on the licence.

Hopefully all went well, they probably would have called you if they weren't giving them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

i put in my applications tonight and the firearms officer dropped a bombshell , she said that it will be reapplications every three years and not a simple renewal from now on, is this true ? this is what she has been told from up the food chain .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

That's pretty much the situation rowa - reapplication every three years. Need to show good reason for having the firearm(s) and demonstrate usage where they are target models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 C4D

Any licences granted in Donegal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Got a text to tell me there's post at home. Hoping this is the licence (and they've skipped over this letter of receipt lark). Will know around half two. Can't wait. Cheque will be going in the post tonight if it's good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Got a text to tell me there's post at home. Hoping this is the licence (and they've skipped over this letter of receipt lark). Will know around half two. Can't wait. Cheque will be going in the post tonight if it's good news.

Do you not trust them to open it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

derek_g34 wrote: »
    Do you not trust them to open it:D

Feck no, could be a bank statement! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If it has Blackrock as the return address you can be confident of what it is, unless it is a speeding fine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

C4D wrote: »
    Any licences granted in Donegal yet?

yep, several lads I know including myself have had all their reapplications granted during this week..im in the buncrana district;)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

To the lads who've got their licences congrats. I was wondering what ammo amounts did you apply for and what were you allowed?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

boc121 wrote: »
    To the lads who've got their licences congrats. I was wondering what ammo amounts did you apply for and what were you allowed?
    Cheers.

No mention of ammo Limits on grant Letter, will have to wait untill we recieve actual Licence to know ammo limit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It is the same story with the moderator, no mention of it on the grant letter but no phone call or contact from the Gardai saying there was a problem with it. So i'm assuming it went through as requested on my application and the same with the ammo amounts i requested. I do alot of target shooting so required large enough amounts of each calibre but nothing ridiculous. I'll know in a week or two when i get the actual licence back.

Firearm - Calibre - Amount - Purpose
    Rifle - .22 - 1000 - Target
    Rifle - .22 - 500 - Hunting
    Rifle - 6.5 - 500 - Target
    Rifle - .308 - 500 - Target
    Rifle - 30-06 - 240 - Hunting
    Shotgun - 12g - 1000 - Clays
    Shogun - 12g - 300 - Hunting
    Pistol - 9mm - 1000 - Target
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭berettadt10

Hi Boc101
    I applied for 1000 for the clay gun,
    250 rounds for the .223
    250 rounds for the .270
    and 500 rounds for the semi-auto.
    Dont actually know yet what is on the licence, hope to get the cards this week.
    Im sorry i didnt apply for more on the clay gun. A friend on mine put 5000 rounds on his, but the CPO called to him, to check he had adequate storage for all the ammo.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Sent my cheque off to An Post last Tuesday. Lodged on Friday, so I hope the licence is on its way;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

there was no news since i went with new papers to FO (month ago)..so i called today
    "system only start up last week so Super should look at your papers in few days "
    i know thats nothin ..but i,m happy even with that! :D

Hi Boc101
    I applied for 1000 for the clay gun,
    250 rounds for the .223
    250 rounds for the .270
    and 500 rounds for the semi-auto.

Much the same here
    250 for .223
    500 for .22
    500 for semi 12g
    and 500 for the o/u
    no news might be good news;)
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

sharky0922 wrote: »
    there was no news since i went with new papers to FO (month ago)..so i called today
    "system only start up last week so Super should look at your papers in few days "
    i know thats nothin ..but i,m happy even with that! :D

Mine went in a month ago, met the FO friday told me he sent them into the super on thursday, so he should have them back tomorrow and input to pulse then. Hard to believe :p but as you say at least its something.
    Cheers.

Advertisement