Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCES GRANTED !!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

anyone get a license in the North tipp district of Nenagh. I put my app in on the 19th Aug. Spoke to my FAO and she reckons if I havn't got anything by end of Nov. Give her a shout again. But she doesn't care if I use my gun without the license:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

widespread wrote: »
    anyone get a license in the North tipp district of Nenagh. I put my app in on the 19th Aug. Spoke to my FAO and she reckons if I havn't got anything by end of Nov. Give her a shout again. But she doesn't care if I use my gun without the license:confused:

which is contrary to or forbidden by law , to use a firearm for which you don't have a firearms certificate , if you were stopped crossing a road going from one field to another you'd be in trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

woo hoo - 2 of my applications have been granted so far. Hopefully the 3rd one will arrive in the post tomorrow morning. :D I'd say happy bunny here - but there's too many hunters on boards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

Did any of you guys get a letter from the super's office first, stating that your application was recieved by the supers office. I was informed that I would get one of these letters and that the super had 3 months from that letter date to grant your license.:confused::confused: Sorry if this question was asked before in another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

widespread wrote: »
    Did any of you guys get a letter from the super's office first, stating that your application was recieved by the supers office. I was informed that I would get one of these letters and that the super had 3 months from that letter date to grant your license.:confused::confused: Sorry if this question was asked before in another thread.
    Some have giot them, some haven't. I'm talking about people that have licences in their hand now btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Got mine this morning, licences, what a cheap skate option paper and little platic wallet :( applied for 1000 rounds on all my licences and a moddy for 22lr, surprise 100 rounds on all licences and NO mention of a moddy on 22lr licence :o

Will be onto Super & NGB's this is disgraceful treatment.

Wasn't advised I was only getting 100 rounds or that I wasn't getting a moddy, as it was mentioned here that Moddy is supposed to be on licence :mad:

Trying to get scanner to work ...........................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

See there is another thread so no need to get scanner to work :D

was mentioned here that Moddy is supposed to be on licence :mad:
    Doesn't appear that there's any way of putting it on the licence other than as a condition perhaps?

Need to have someone with a newly issued licence for a mod comfirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

100 rounds for a .22? Now, that's a wee bit ridiculous:D
    Most of the lads will get through that in an afternoon!

I'd say it's a typo? Like the 12gauge metric finding it's way onto the 22 license.

Hope it is anyway - coz I don't think you can buy 20% tins of the Match22 buckets!:D

IF it is a typo - Does anyone (with the required legal mind / knowledge - Sparks, rrpc, Jaycee, etc, anyone?;)) know of a way to have this amended? FAC2 Form maybe? or other route - Note from F/O perhaps? Even the guidelines "suggest" a 1000 rounds for .22, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

dCorbus wrote: »
    Even the guidelines "suggest" a 1000 rounds for .22, if I remember correctly

This is what the guidelines say:

'The type or category of shooting being conducted by the applicant will be a key consideration when an issuing person is determining the amounts of ammunition to be specified in the firearm certificate. The following ratio of ammunition to purpose could be considered average:

• Farmer (one shotgun for vermin/pest control) – 100 rounds.

• Deer Gun – 200 to 260 rounds.

• Shotgun for clay pigeon, pheasant/pigeon/woodcock – 500 to 750 rounds.

• Target Shooter (member of authorised club) – 750 to 1,000 rounds.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got granted 500 rounds on my license for the 308 today. I tihink I only asked for 300. :rolleyes:

No word on the 22lr or 223 yet. I asked for 1000 .22 and 500 .223 ammo limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Hmmmmm, I was a bit cheeky and asked for 2000 rounds for my new .22lr for target shooting.;)

Licence has been granted and am sending out the payment in the post in the morning - So.....will just have to wait and see what comes back on the actual certificate!

And hope I don't get punished for trying to push the envelope!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

clivej wrote: »
    I got granted 500 rounds on my license for the 308 today. I tihink I only asked for 300. :rolleyes:

No word on the 22lr or 223 yet. I asked for 1000 .22 and 500 .223 ammo limit.

ya but you have a lot of catching up to do .dwight has the place wiped out

just done mine asked for a 1000 rounds for every thing ,mods for my rifles .

i put in a copy of the EU directives on noise
    also
    a assessment of firearm moderators .a independent test that was done in the uk there must be 20 pages in it .

did any one read this its very interesting .
    it blows out of the water the supers argument that a mod on is dangerous to walkers that cant hear the shot .

quote) moderators on full-bore rifles gave no reduction in peak sound level 23m in front of the firing point .

jwshooter wrote: »
    did any one read this its very interesting .
    it blows out of the water the supers argument that a mod on is dangerous to walkers that cant hear the shot .
    The best argument against that is that you don't go out to shoot walkers. Whether they can hear you or not isn't going to influence where you aim.

It's a bit like those 'baby on board' stickers, I always think they should be on the front windscreen. The person behind you isn't going to decide not to hit you because you've one of those on your car, but perhaps you'll drive a bit more carefully if you're reminded you've a child on board :rolleyes:
    quote) moderators on full-bore rifles gave no reduction in peak sound level 23m in front of the firing point .
    Well if you've a walker 23m in front of you you'll probably need to issue ear defenders ;)

rrpc wrote: »
    The best argument against that is that you don't go out to shoot walkers. Whether they can hear you or not isn't going to influence where you aim.

It's a bit like those 'baby on board' stickers, I always think they should be on the front windscreen. The person behind you isn't going to decide not to hit you because you've one of those on your car, but perhaps you'll drive a bit more carefully if you're reminded you've a child on board :rolleyes:

Well if you've a walker 23m in front of you you'll probably need to issue ear defenders ;)

good to see your back to your funny fxxxxxx self .the report was compiled for the forestry commission in the uk .

it goes through all the cals 6.5 is ever bit as loud as the 270 BTW .

they tested noise at all points around the shooter ,even tested noise at a dog lying behind the shooter.

jwshooter wrote: »
    good to see your back to your funny fxxxxxx self .the report was compiled for the forestry commission in the uk .

it goes through all the cals 6.5 is ever bit as loud as the 270 BTW .

they tested noise at all points around the shooter ,even tested noise at a dog lying behind the shooter.
    I'm always funny, it's just some people don't get the joke ;)

I think I read that report some time ago, it was posted on here.

There's also a serious point here. What difference would it make for people to hear you shooting? If you're shooting safely (and getting a licence these days means the Gardai are satisfied you'll not endanger the public safety) then you're no threat to anyone other than your quarry.

And even if you're not, will hearing you make any difference?

Of course if they hear you it means you haven't shot them, so there is that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

It's a bit like those 'baby on board' stickers, I always think they should be on the front windscreen. The person behind you isn't going to decide not to hit you because you've one of those on your car, but perhaps you'll drive a bit more carefully if you're reminded you've a child on board
    OT, but I think the original intention with those was to warn emergency service responders at a crash that the damaged vehicle might have had children on board (potentially harder to find in a wreck, or worse still, ejected).

EDIT: Snopes doesn't think so though..

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/babysign.asp

Yesterday I got 2 of 3 granted letters for the Pardini and Walther. This morning I got 3 letters of receipt - horse before the cart syndrome. Not complaining tho, just need that last Anschutz one and we're on the pigs back! Then we can worry about the number of rounds - it never ends!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Still no letters yet, But I did receive two letters from my superintendent granting me permission for suppressors for my 17 Hmr and my .223. They have been authorised for the next 3 years and are to be used only with the the model and and serial number of my firearms.
    Happy enough with that so the letters should be in the post over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nice to see somone in Limerick is getting somwhere..:D
    Not a word or twitch out of the Northside district.Guess we will have at least another two thousand illegal firearms in Limerick come Sunday morning...:rolleyes::rolleyes:. What a cluster F**K situation nationwide.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Still nothing at all on my end. FO hopes it won't be too long now. Hopefully get most of the hinds season in anyway.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Nice to see somone in Limerick is getting somwhere..:D
    Not a word or twitch out of the Northside district.Guess we will have at least another two thousand illegal firearms in Limerick come Sunday morning...:rolleyes::rolleyes:. What a cluster F**K situation nationwide.:mad:
    Oh, I don't know if that would be anything close to the total in Limerick. According to the Gardai's own figures there were 75 licensed pistols in the entire Limerick division. You'd have to multiply that figure by over 25 for there to be 2000 restricted firearms (plus their friends ;)) in the entire division.

Not really likely as otherwise the figure nationwide would be over 50,000 (almost a quarter of the total) which would be way more than the rest of the nine licensing months.

There might be 1000 at most, which spread around the Limerick districts wouldn't be too much to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Er, RR,i'm talking about the entite area with restricted and unrestricted...Even there has been nothing with unrestricted either.My sub district alone there is 450 firearms of unrestricted and restricted categories.Either which way,it is still a SNAFU in the making.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Er, RR,i'm talking about the entite area with restricted and unrestricted...Even there has been nothing with unrestricted either.My sub district alone there is 450 firearms of unrestricted and restricted categories.Either which way,it is still a SNAFU in the making.
    But the extensions for them are not all due to expire this weekend. Only those that were deemed restricted and other non restricted firearms held by those with restricted firearms will be due this Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

But the extensions for them are not all due to expire this weekend. Only those that were deemed restricted and other non restricted firearms held by those with restricted firearms will be due this Saturday.

I don't agree with you rrpc I have 4 guns licenced none of which are restricted and all extensions are up on saturday.
    My next door neighbour has 3 non restricted all ending on saturday aswell.

my 3 were all un-restricted too

foxhunter wrote: »
    I don't agree with you rrpc I have 4 guns licenced none of which are restricted and all extensions are up on saturday.
    My next door neighbour has 3 non restricted all ending on saturday aswell.
    I said 'deemed' restricted. I didn't say it had to be accurate ;)

I've no restricted firearms either, but one of them could have been, hence I'm in the 31st October with two firearms, one of which is a bolt action CZ Brno .22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

I said 'deemed' restricted. I didn't say it had to be accurate ;)

I've no restricted firearms either, but one of them could have been, hence I'm in the 31st October with two firearms, one of which is a bolt action CZ Brno .22.

A you have a feckin answer for everything don't ye :p

• Advertisement

foxhunter wrote: »
    A you have a feckin answer for everything don't ye :p
    Around here you have to choose your worms carefully :D

Advertisement