Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engineering project

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

would steel be a good material to make the body of the crane as it would be faster to make the small pieces because they could bbe welded but it is very dull and wouldnt look that well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

would steel be a good material to make the body of the crane as it would be faster to make the small pieces because they could bbe welded but it is very dull and wouldnt look that well

I am thinking of making mine out of steel and painting it when it was finished

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

hey what is the project it hasnt come to my school yet

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

The project is a gantry crane. You know, those ones that are often seen and used at harbour docks. The project has to have a to and fro motion and a up and down motion, more than likely operated by motors.

You could make the frame out of some 2x2 wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stickysteve

any1 got a clue what the problem analysis is or supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

could anyone post a sketch of their design.I havn't a clue what to do.i don't think my teacher knows what to do either.thanks lads:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 donam321

well lads stell wha im usin for mine painting it yellow and red wen finished!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

Could any1 post a sketch of how a rack and pinion mechanism would work.

Advertisement