Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overflow pipe in Apartment

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Water is continuously coming out of the overflow pipe in my apartment. Water goes down the outside wall of apartment building.

Is this easy to fix? Something to do with ball valve? Where would the water tank be in an apartment?

I have storage heaters for central heating and hot water tank for hot water. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Take the lid off your cistern and see if the water is overflowing through the overflow. It could also be from the ball valve in your press closet tank.

Just check all your ball valeves.

Its difficult enough to fix, its not something im would rec trying myself and I would try most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ring the management company.

they should fix this! thats what you are paying them for. Especially if its having an effect on the outside of the apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Martron wrote: »
    ring the management company.

they should fix this! thats what you are paying them for. Especially if its having an effect on the outside of the apartment

management company are responsible for the externals only, and in this case the resolution to the external problem is by telling the owner of the internal to sort it out! IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well then you are misinformed.

the gf has apartment. toilet blocked. management company fixed it.

watertank in the attic leaked. management company fixed it.( then repainted the ceiling)

Perhaps it depends on the management company. but for the sake of the op there is no harm in asking the management company.

Advertisement