Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you switch off your phone?

• 20-10-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

I used to switch off my phone every night now I just put it on silent and face down so the light doesn't annoy me. The main reason for this is cause my E51 has problems with the power button.... all the rubber came off :( Just wanted to see if people power there mobiles off as much as they used to.

Do you switch off your mobile before you go to bed? 10 votes

Yes I switch it off
    0% 0 votes
    No I leave it on
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

yes always switch it off just incase they discover phones are indeed bad for you in a few years. yea i know it doesn't transmit much at night but also saves a bit of electricity and wear on the battery no real reason for it to be on while i'm sleeping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

I always keep it on...more so because I tend to fall asleep while texting :p but the flashing of the lights do occasionally wake me up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i keep it on unless i'm in the cinema or in an important meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I only switch it off if I need to refresh the RAM or it's being particulary stubborn. But never other than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I never turn my phone off except the odd time when an application crashes or it acts crazy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Turn it off to conserve the battery. Shame I can't receive any emergency calls in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

Nope I always leave it on, unless it freezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Yep I always leave mine on too, unless it freezes or crashes and needs to be restarted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Soon as i turn if off, someone will decide to make an important call to me.

Therefore it's left on, so nobody bothers me.

dusters wrote: »
    Nope I always leave it on, unless it freezes.

Ditto, and since mines an N97, it's turned off about once a week these days :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

My phone is on 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Looks like most people leave it on 24/7 another reason I think is the time it take to switch some of the smartphones on... E52 N82 take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

Used to turn mine off in the past but now I leave it on all the time. Only leave it on for one reason, incase of emergency calls (family member / friend sick or taken into hospital etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

-maccer- wrote: »
    Used to turn mine off in the past but now I leave it on all the time. Only leave it on for one reason, incase of emergency calls (family member / friend sick or taken into hospital etc.).

yea but if that happens i'd rather not know about it till the next morning

being woken up in the middle of the night *and* hearing bad news would be too much ****e to deal with altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Nah i always leave it on charge through the night, that way i've always a full battery through the day.

Advertisement