If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tv

Options
  • 20-10-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi John/Ash

just wanted to ask a few questions...have decided to upgrade to a new tv considering my 19' samsung just doesnt seem to satisfy my needs no more. :D

one of my mates suggested richersounds since he bought a 37' LG off you during the summer and said you guys are the dogs ******.:rolleyes:

well i need the new tv for PC(HDMI), Xbox(HDMI), tv(obviously) and possibly a surround sound system. My price range would be between €300-€400. 400 being my limit(ish);)

Any suggestions you could give me would be much appreciated!!

Cheers

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

BUMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Screw2loose

What sort screen size do you have in mind?

I have the very nice 32PFL5404H
    It's a HD Ready 32" LCD Screen which will cover your needs pretty well.
    3x HDMI, 2x SCART, USB & VGA input plus a few more - Have a look atthe spec sheet below for full details on what this set has to offer.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5404h_12/32pfl5404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We are selling this TV instore for €449.99 with a 2 year warranty but as a Boardie you can take 10% Boards Philips shop Discount off this so its yours for €404.99
    Bargain at the price eh!

Let me know what you think - Oh these TV's are flying out at the moment.....

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash

I took a look at the spec for the TV. Looks very good although i was hoping mabye to get a tv that displays at more then 60Hz because it would display the computer much better. would it be possible to put more money into a smaller tv for the faster fresh rate? or is there a significant difference when it comes to this issue. i was looking at the LG 32LF7700 just because it has the Free sat box inside it. I am still very open to any solid suggestions. Any help at all on your part is much appreciated. I could probably guarantee ill be buying from yous guys!

Cheers
    Neil

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Ash

I took a look at the spec for the TV. Looks very good although i was hoping mabye to get a tv that displays at more then 60Hz because it would display the computer much better. would it be possible to put more money into a smaller tv for the faster fresh rate? or is there a significant difference when it comes to this issue. i was looking at the LG 32LF7700 just because it has the Free sat box inside it. I am still very open to any solid suggestions. Any help at all on your part is much appreciated. I could probably guarantee ill be buying from yous guys!

Cheers
    Neil
    Neil,

yep the 32LF7700 is a cracking TV - especially with the Freesat decoded built in and at £389.95 it's a steal for a Full HD 32" - to be fair it does not sound as good as the 32PFL5404h - if you want a serious 32" (and don't forget that you are going to have it for years - why not look at the stunning 32PFL7404h - its just won the What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision 32" TV of the year award and they are superb value in Ireland when compared to the UK ( It's £650 recommended retail in the UK) - it's normally €699.99 however with your Boards 10% discount - we can do it at just €629.99 which is a crazy price and to top that the nice people at Philips Ireland also offer a 3 year warranty on that until the end of November. Have a look at the full specs here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7404h_12/32pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

I do know it's a huge step over what you were thinking of spending but honestly it is worth spending the extra - if you were going to keep it for just the 3 year warranty period - it would cost you an extra .21 cent a day over your original budget!

Anyway we were put on earth to tempt you - so keep us posted and have a look at the What Hi-fi review!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hmmm.....

God john you really good at tempting towards a better tv. i'm not 100% on weither i would be up to splash that much on a tv. I think if it was an option i would possibly have to come to the store and have a look at it working(see it in all its glory).

I am also curious after looking at the specs if it is possible to hook my Pc up to the tv using HDMI or DVI? it doesnt stat anything about DVI but could HDMI be an option.

And also wondering what the 3 year warranty covers?

Here i was thinking i would be solid on my limit but your too persuasive!!

cheers neil

• Advertisement

Hmmm.....

God john you really good at tempting towards a better tv. i'm not 100% on weither i would be up to splash that much on a tv. I think if it was an option i would possibly have to come to the store and have a look at it working(see it in all its glory).

I am also curious after looking at the specs if it is possible to hook my Pc up to the tv using HDMI or DVI? it doesnt stat anything about DVI but could HDMI be an option.

And also wondering what the 3 year warranty covers?

Here i was thinking i would be solid on my limit but your too persuasive!!

cheers neil

Neil,

I'm here to tempt!

Honestly we would really recommend that if you are buying a TV - you get a decent one - and you are right - at this level we would also always recommend that you see it in the flesh before you buy (however we do offer a 14 day exchange if you are not 100% sure).

All the current Philips Range have dedicated VGA PC inputs to allow you to connect your PC.

The 3 year warranty is against any manufacturing faults but does not cover accidential damage,

Keep me posted and if you are coming in to see the TV give me a shout and I'll make sure one of the guys has it set up for you in tye demo room with whatever sources you would like to view.

Keep me posted and again thanks for the post,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey John...

Well i popped into the store today around 6. Think you were busy on the phone. One of the lads showed me the TV in the window and discussed the various details of it and the spec. I am still on the wall whether i want to spend this amount of money on a new tv because it is such a large investment!!

But i do think the tv matches the spec i am looking for. Hmmm. i think i will have to have a few days think about what im going to do. Perfect with the long weekend i suppose.

Cheers

Neil

Hi there

Which TV was it you were looking at? the what HiFi award winning 32PFL7404H??? in the Philips shop?

If so its a great TV as you (hopefully) saw.

I like Johns 21c per day justification :)

I have it in stock....
    You can walk out the shop with one under your arm....

atb
    Ash

You would be very correct ash. I had a look at the 7404!

Unfortunatly I won't be able to stroll out with it under my arm yet. Althought I do think it's the tv for me. Just need to rearrange money and we will be sorted!!

Fingers crossed sooner rather then later!!

Cheers

Neil!!

Hey Neil

Cool, once your ready to go for it let me know and I'll look after you.
    Do grab it before the end of the November as the extended warranty offer will expire then - might as well take advantage of that eh!

Have a good weekend

Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Hi Lads,
    Was just wondering if you have anything along the lines of an 15" to an 20" PINK "as in color" LCD TV.

Hi there

I'm afraid I dont have any Coloured framed TV's - just black ones.
    In 19" and 22" Widescreen LCD.

I take it its for a childs bedroom?
    Black not suit?

Cheers
    Ash

Hey John/Ash

completely forgot to ask... is it possible to get the 32PFL7404 delivered?
    I could possibly pick it up from the store in Dublin but it would be so much handier for me to get it delivered as a work in donnybrook and get the bus so not sure if taking the tv on the bus would be a good idea.

I just outside of Dublin so it wouldn't be too far.

Please let me know what the options are anyway when you get the chance.

Cheers

Neil

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Neil,

We can deliver anywhere in the country for €29.99. Or you can collect instore.

What ever would be easier for you. Let me know what you think.

Thanks a million, Nicola.

Hmm Thats a pretty steap price considering i am already going to spend €629.99 could possibly pick it up if i really needed to.

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Screw2loose,

I’m sorry you feel that way. That’s the standard charge from our courier company. They do a very quick service and insure all the screens as they travel. These screens don't travel well lying down. Generally we would recommend they travel upright if at all possible. Where exactly are you living? Could you PM me your address so I have a better idea and maybe I can sort you out with a better alternative?

You can absolutely pick up in store too. Just outside our store on the Dame Street side is a loading bay until 12.30 each day. If you give us a quick buzz before you pull up we can have the TV ready to roll and will load it in to your car as soon as you pull in.

Please let me know what you decide. Thanks a million, Nicola.

PM sent

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Thanks screw2loose. I'll PM you back details.

Thanks, Nicola.

Hi John/Ash

i was having one final look at reviews and such for the 32PFL7404h and stubled across this site

They seem to be selling the tv for around £560 delivered. I'm just wondering does your match any price policy extend to companies who only ship to england?

Is there a hidden cost when importing tvs to ireland i am unsure of?

cheers
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

extra cost most likely just shipping.29.99 is a good price for delivery tho

• Advertisement

Hi John/Ash

i was having one final look at reviews and such for the 32PFL7404h and stubled across this site

They seem to be selling the tv for around £560 delivered. I'm just wondering does your match any price policy extend to companies who only ship to england?

Is there a hidden cost when importing tvs to ireland i am unsure of?

cheers
    Neil

Neil,

Sorry for the delay in my reply - I'm not sure what happened the URl you posted - but if you can could you email it to me at johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll see what I can do for you - the 74 series in ireland currently has the benefit of a 3 year warranty - but pop me a line on email and I'll do my best for you.

Thanks a mill,

John Mc & Crew

yeah. But that company only deliver to mainland England and northern Ireland. So im just wondering if the irish government impose some ridiculous tax on tv's or something. for the large difference in the price.

currently the tv is on your website at
    Richersounds = £599.99
    so if the boardsie discount is 10% of that

the tv is available for about £539.99

which then converts to
    539.99 GBP = 597.735 EUR

Edit:
    Under Richer sounds Pricing policy they are selling this item for less than Atlantic
    would just like some clarification on this when you get the chance john/Ash

Cheers

Neil

Guys,

if you take the 32PFL7404H from The Philips Shop - the Price is just EURO €699.99 - then take your Philips Shop Boardies 10% discount off and it comes down to €629.99 - that equates to approx £560.69 Sterling - however we also offer a 3 year warranty on that TV at the moment at that price.

If you add the cost of the 3 year warranty from Atlantic - the price is £599.95 so we are actually still significantly cheaper - in addition to that Atlantic don't ship into the ROI and if you are in the Belfast or Dublin area we are happy to oblige with free delivery on this TV ( It's a beauty by the way!)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi john.

Went ahead and read the fine print on your beat competitors price.

Should have really done that before going off on a rant. I agree with you that it is a fantastic tv and im looking forward to getting one.

One question on the free delivery to the Dublin area. Could this be stretched to bray(partically in Dublin)??

cheers
    Neil

Hi john.

Went ahead and read the fine print on your beat competitors price.

Should have really done that before going off on a rant. I agree with you that it is a fantastic tv and im looking forward to getting one.

One question on the free delivery to the Dublin area. Could this be stretched to bray(partically in Dublin)??

cheers
    Neil

Neil - thanks for the post and no problem - but we do have a serious issue..

Bray is not Dublin - please stop deluding yourselves - you are a culchie - we will do free delivery for you to Bray - but not because you are in Dublin - but out of sympathy :p

( I know what it's like - I live in North County Dublin and when I try to get stuff delivered free when they say Free Dublin / Local delivery - it ALWAYS seems to be, except for Bray and North County Dublin!)

No problem for free delivery then - just keep me posted and we will look after you!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Bray is not Dublin - please stop deluding yourselves - you are a culchie - we will do free delivery for you to Bray - but not because you are in Dublin - but out of sympathy :p

I know what you mean. I pride myself on being a bogger so i wasnt trying to claim to be a townie. Just hoping for free delivery!

Your a Good man John. ill be on to very soon about purchase! Ash already has a tv put by for me.

Could you PM me a number i could get in contact with someone when i do manage to order it?

Cheers

Neil

I know what you mean. I pride myself on being a bogger so i wasnt trying to claim to be a townie. Just hoping for free delivery!

Your a Good man John. ill be on to very soon about purchase! Ash already has a tv put by for me.

Could you PM me a number i could get in contact with someone when i do manage to order it?

Cheers

Neil

Neil,

Even worse - a Proud bogger!

For help with that issue or if you would like to order the TV just give us a bell to:

The Philips Shop 01. 474.0788 (that's a Dublin number so it will be expensive for you to dial ;))

Or

My own office:

Thanks again and thanks for the sport - brightens up a Monday!

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.