Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too many cooks...

• 20-10-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

on the f**kin Radio,

Every day there seems to be another pompus Toff on the radio trying to sell bleedin cook books.
    Some dopey food snob on Pat kenny now, stuffin his gob. Very boring radio.

EDIT : Toulouse sausages with whey lentils!!! WTF?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

L'Ecravain chef.:confused:

Who do you want, Mannix Flynn or Jim Sheridan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Don’t know where he worked, I turned in down.

I think it's pandering to the celebrity culture, as I said every day there is some chef flogging his/her book. Listening to people stuffing their faces and talking about over priced food cooked from their over priced books ( don’t get me started on G.Ryan!) at time when many families could be going hungry is distasteful, immoral , not to mention boring.

I would prefer Mannix Flynn any day btw.

spadder wrote: »
    g.

I would prefer Mannix Flynn any day btw.

Like it flambé do you:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

well
    played sir. Well played. I would hate to spoil it by ticking you off, but then again, that's never stopped me before :)

heh heh fair play Teebs, only one who copped it.

That's why you are a radio Mod I suppose;)

Too many hod carriers around here.:D

• Advertisement

over my head:confused:
    Flambe is to set the pan alight?

Did you ever shop in Dockrell's:cool:
    Irish Times
    He still disputes his conviction for arson. “I was walking home,” a semi-fictional self once said. “There was nothing on my mind except sleep. Fire. And I’m in that street, the wrong street at the wrong time. Do you remember, God, do you remember? Five years in that dirty, filthy prison, for nothing.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I heard Norris do his show from a restaurant today, all sorts of slobbering/wine-pouring noises, it should be a cardinal rule of radio ; NO EATING !

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article869852.ece

Ahh, didn't know about the Felloni connection either, Flynn's life is movie material, sort of like "penny apples" meets the soprano's

Advertisement