Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering dodging NTL bill

• 20-10-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Ok, due to NTL's cessation terms&conditions, there's a 30-day period that you'll still be charged from the moment you ask for your service to be cut until it actually is. I won't be able to avail of the service for that period, and so am thinking about just not paying this final bill.

Can anyone say how vehemently NTL chase this kind of thing up? Any first-hand experience from former customers?

I know it was my bad for not being aware of the t&c of the contract. Still, if I can dodge this, I will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's common practice.

you need to give 30 days notice to terminate which is new billing month.

ya may end up with a partial bill either depending on when exactly in the billing cycle you contacted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

This happened me too and I was so disapointed with the service NTL were providing it really annoyed me that I would have to pay for an extra months service, even though I would have been with Sky by then.

I sent them a 'copy' of a letter backdated a month ago requesting my service to be terminated. Including a cover letter dated today.

They terminated my service immediately, no questions asked and no extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

and they have a cancellation fee of €100 if you terminate your contract early, and do not carry your account to a new property!!! i queried this vigourously...........
    i eventually got away with it, but it was by chance:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's enough of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement