Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Epilation

• 20-10-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey Girls!

I've just bought my first Braun Epilator which I found fantastic on first use!! I am very surprised at how smooth the results are. I am lucky in that I have light hair and have been waxing off and on for years now so I didn't find it at all painful. Having said that, I only use it on my legs! Will keep waxing elsewhere!

My questions to those of you who use an epliator already are:

1. Do you use anything on the skin before you epilate?

2. Do you exfoliate?

3. Do you use anything on your skin after you have finished epliating? Such as Tea Tree Cream (like the one they use in most salons after waxing - I would love to source this cream, if anyone knows of a supplier or shop where I could get it?)

I have asked many beauticians about this but they always advise me in favour of waxing citing pain and in grown hairs as their reasons against epilation:rolleyes: Or maybe they just want me to come back and spend money on more waxing!! :D

Looking forward to your tips and suggestions. Talk soon:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You get more ingrown hair from waxing tbh. They don't even exoliate your skin before they wax!

Personally I just exfoliate my skin in the shower and then use the epilator immediately after, while the pores are still open. I just use dove moisturiser on my legs afterwards, and I don't get many ingrown hairs - at least not the ones that look like pimples, just the ones that you can see are starting to grow under the top layer of skin that can be plucked out with tweezers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Have to agree with eth0_ , never a problem with the epilator odd ingrown hair, where as wax, def more!! Again I just exfoliate in the shower before hand, plus if you don't exfoliate before hand dead skin cells will gather on the head of the epilator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Yes I too have a Braun epilator, have had it around four years now and has never let me down.
    As the Mod said, its best to shower first, that way you have hot skin and weaker hairs.

All your exfoliation should be done pre-shower by dry body brushing
    or with a puffy sponge in shower.
    Braun say that epilating will not take off your 'tan' which I interpret as doesnt exfoliate, which is a good thing :)

Afterwards try Boots tea tree and witch hazel night time gel,
    its for the face which I USE ON my face but you said you're looking for one to use on legs - this will be fine - although I've never used
    (nor had to) anything on the areas I epilated,
    never had any ingrown hairs as a result.

Ps - Do NOT NOT NOT put anything on skin beforehand, you would destroy the device.

Advertisement