Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email set up query

• 20-10-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been asked to setup an email address for a new company that works in two locations under different company names

The new email address will be for a new company so that all users in both locations can access the new companys email address.

both locations use outlook.

So I was thinking the best think to do would be to use Google email for the new company address and get the users to setup a new email account under Outlook.

If I go down any other route then that would require messing about with the servers in both sites and would be alot more hassle?

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Outlook is just the client, what email server is running on both sides?

If you running full exchange or other full email server you can do some stuff with MX records and auto-forwarding/auto-routing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Server 08 is running here and on the other un-related site its Server 03

I mentioned Outlook as it would integrate with the gmail email service. One of my options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What or who are you currently using for you email on both sites?

If you post a dump of the Outlook client info, that may help.
    abakan wrote: »
    Server 08 is running here and on the other un-related site its Server 03

I mentioned Outlook as it would integrate with the gmail email service. One of my options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Currently both companies use their own servers and client(outlook) for their own business use.

Now the director from our company and the director from the other company have setup a new business and would like to send email via the associated new email address to send and recieve emails under the new company name while still using their currrent email address for everyday business use

They have asked to set up an email system that both people could use. That is why I thought of the google way as it could integrate into the outlook client as another mailbox.

i dont know if there would be an easier way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Easy enough, Im assuming one of the servers has exchange on it ?
    If so:
    Setup an mx record to point the new domain to that server
    Then create 2 new users on that server with the new domain as their email addresse's, then setup outlook web access and let them both use OWA for the new businesses email.

• Advertisement
Advertisement