Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Megane 1.5 DCi - Opinions

• 20-10-2009 12:04pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    Sister is looking at buying probably an 04/05 one of these. I owned a 1.4 petrol version in 1998 and was happy out with it, but don't know much about the diesel.
    Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Check if it's the 85ps or the 106ps version.

85ps is bit laboured but the 106 isn't bad. Window regulators would be the most common issue on that model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Great on diesel, very comfy , lots of space. Check to make sure all the electric windows work, its a known problem and if the part has been replaced ( window regulator ) then it should be ok. The biggest problem with this year of Megane diesel is the fuel pump. If its a Delphi fuel pump then just walk away, its not worth the hassle. The brand is written on the top pf the pump. If its a bosch pump then there's no problem. In 2005 there was a choice between 82 bhp in sport spec or 100bhp in Dynamique spec. Only consider the 100 bhp version. The 80 is shocking slow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads.

Where would the fuel pump be on the car? Delphi or bosch is wrote on them i take it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Wife has the 106bhp 1.5. Great engine, six speed box, quick and very economical (56mpg), very easy cruiser. No problems with the car bar 2 window regs replaced under warranty.

Ditto the above though, were do you look to see which fuel pump you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My wife likes the look of the saloon version of this but I'd be tempted (If we go ahead) to look at the estate version.

Are they a bad purchase ?? Is the dci engine the same one that's used in the Nissan Quasqai ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try and get a facelifted Megane model, as a lot of the niggly faults of the first run were ironed out.

Not sure but I think they get different front lights on the hatches. someone on here will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is the pre facelifted Megane:
    media?id=9222076&width=400&height=300

Facelifted Megane:
    media?id=7175612&width=400&height=300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

Quality seems to be higher on the post 2006 models, and 06 engine used is excellent...but we aware that Renalts in general dont like to be abused so a car not well looked after will not stand up well, unlike say an Octavia or a Corolla might

Advertisement