Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get into 'Dental Issues' forum?

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was banned a long time ago for a few weeks but this has definitly ended now but I am unable to access the dental issues forum can you fix this please.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Cephei wrote: »
    I was banned a long time ago for a few weeks but this has definitly ended now but I am unable to access the dental issues forum can you fix this please.

cheers

it can't be fixed because it's not broken. You were banned from the forum for spamming dental services in the North. That's against the charter. Your ban is permanent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

Its not supposed to be permanent it was only supposed to be 2 weeks. And I wasnt 'spamming' I was giving info I was asked for but because I hadnt 50 posts I was barred for going against the charter and thats fair enough. Ive more than done my time now so I would like to be allowed access again.

Here is the email fitzgeme sent me if you want me to forward the actual email on I will..

Hi Cephei,

You have been banned from Dental Issues for the following duration:

2 weeks

for the following reason:

Spammer

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after Permanent.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

The two week ban was replaced with a permanent ban.

You've posted 26 times on this site. Of the latest 20, 19 were in the dental forum. These 19 posts break down into two categories:

1. Complaining about the charter

sample quote:
    "As my previous popular thread giving useful information about dentists up North has been locked for promoting terrorism or something along those lines I have decided to start another thread but this time I will be careful not to mention pricing."

2. Inviting PMs so that you can recommend a dentists practice up North (which is expressly forbidden by the charter, which you know, because your threads were locked and you just decided to start new ones)

Sample quote:
    "II looked elsewhere in Newry and found 'En<snip>e by F<snip>n.

The prices are fantastic, its a brand new state of the art surgery, the staff are great and it appointments are pretty fast to get at the moment because it is still a very new surgery. Fna worked with another very popular dentist (details removed in newry) for 20 years before just recently starting her own practice.

I am currently getting Nightwhite whitening and 3 precera crowns done. I have been there for 2 visits so far and I have 2 to go for the fitting of my crowns and I am looking forward to my next visit.

Hope some people get some use out of this.

00442xxxx484 - <snip> Dental care by <Snip>"

You've shown yourself unwilling or incapable of following the charter. You don't add anything to the forum except work for the moderators. There's no reason to lift the ban, so we won't be doing it.

Fitzgeme reduced my ban from permanent - two weeks. I have the PM's to prove it. I contested the permanent ban, I admitted I had not followed the charter so Fitzgeme sent me a second PM after the original stating he would reduce my ban to 2 weeks..

1st mail: 18-05-2009, 10:01

Hi Cephei,

Permanent

Spammer

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after Permanent.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

2nd mail: 18-05-2009, 18:18

Your ban has been reduced to two weeks, that is all.

3rd mai
    l:18-05-2009, 18:23

Hi Cephei,

2 weeks

Spammer

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

That was the last mail I received and respected two weeks being afair punishment. I have received no further mails since to suggest this ban is permanent!?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you PMd fitzgeme about this? Maybe he didn't click the right button.

• Advertisement

No I havent spoken to him since I assumed it was an automated system and that it would come back online automatically.

The fact that he reduced the ban time probably suggests that he didnt save the change or something along those lines..

I will PM him now.

it's down in the system as permanent. I pm'd the two dental mods earlier today to let them know that if they want to let you back in, I have no objections.

edit: I have to say tho, that for a normal guy off the street, you seem incredibly eager to discuss dental practices up north. As this is strictly against the charter, will you be able to restrain from posting on this subject again? Because I have to tell you, based on your post history, all signs point to no.

tbh wrote: »
    it's down in the system as permanent. I pm'd the two dental mods earlier today to let them know that if they want to let you back in, I have no objections.

edit: I have to say tho, that for a normal guy off the street, you seem incredibly eager to discuss dental practices up north. As this is strictly against the charter, will you be able to restrain from posting on this subject again? Because I have to tell you, based on your post history, all signs point to no.

I am a normal guy "off the street". A 23 year old college student in fact and I was only eager because I needed information for myself and then I saw others wanted these details so I helped out where I could which was against the charter and thats fine, I apologise and it wont happen again. If people want info they can PM me in future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Ban lifted.....I will be watching closely.

cheers.. and great I've always enjoyed big brother! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement