Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Make Bob Dylan Number 1 for Christmas

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Bob has released a wonderful new album of Christmas songs called "Christmas In The Heart!

Yes, it's as mad as you could imagine but I've been listening to it for a couple of weeks now and the urge to make mince pies is overwhelming.

I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet but here's my plan:

For the last 3 years running, The X Factor winner has taken the Yuletide No.1 spot with bland, uninspiring, overproduced pop records. This year, let's put a truly worthy song at the top for Dec 25.

We have to start early to allow this gain momentum.

This way, we can stop the X Factor for at least 1 week, from taking over the pop charts.

I stand to gain nothing by this so consider it a small act of pop subversion.

I think Winter Wonderland makes a perfect choice - preview it here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R4M35W/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk3?ie=UTF8&qid=1256034261&sr=8-1

AND - if you don't like Bob, it's for homeless charities.

I appeal to your better nature (or at least to your better pop taste) to Make Winter Wonderland a Christmas No. 1.

So, the week before Christmas (I'll post the date), everybody must download it and stop King Cowell & co. in their tracks!

(You can also join up to the Facebook Group "Let's make Bob Dylan Number 1 for Christmas")

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I'd love for it to happen, but it's difficult to compete with Simon Cowell's stranglehold on the christmas number one

• Registered Users Posts: 24,049 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bob has released a wonderful new album of Christmas songs called "Christmas In The Heart!

Yes, it's as mad as you could imagine but I've been listening to it for a couple of weeks now and the urge to make mince pies is overwhelming.

I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet but here's my plan:

For the last 3 years running, The X Factor winner has taken the Yuletide No.1 spot with bland, uninspiring, overproduced pop records. This year, let's put a truly worthy song at the top for Dec 25.

We have to start early to allow this gain momentum.

This way, we can stop the X Factor for at least 1 week, from taking over the pop charts.

I stand to gain nothing by this so consider it a small act of pop subversion.

I think Winter Wonderland makes a perfect choice - preview it here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R4M35W/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk3?ie=UTF8&qid=1256034261&sr=8-1

AND - if you don't like Bob, it's for homeless charities.

I appeal to your better nature (or at least to your better pop taste) to Make Winter Wonderland a Christmas No. 1.

So, the week before Christmas (I'll post the date), everybody must download it and stop King Cowell & co. in their tracks!

(You can also join up to the Facebook Group "Let's make Bob Dylan Number 1 for Christmas")

You had me for a minute there Bob, you old rascal you.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Can I have your autograph Bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Bob is the man,Let the games begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Rapidshare link please....... then I'll donate all the money to charity myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 corkdavid1970

This is a real album. I thought it was a hoax too but no, I'm listening to it right now.

You can get it right here:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/11626544/Christmas-In-The-Heart/Product.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 corkdavid1970

mikom wrote: »
    Rapidshare link please....... then I'll donate all the money to charity myself.
    I bought the CD but it is out there on the torrent sites so I don't have a rapidshare link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Could make a nice gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mustbedylan

For the majority of this decade, Simon Cowell has ensured that this once fun event of the Christmas No.1 no longer occurs, just so he can line his trouser pockets with millions of pounds handed over at shop-tills the width and breadth of the country in a zombie-like fashion by a public brainwashed after 12 weeks of indoctrination every Saturday night.

This is why I have decided to kick-start a campaign to show him that the UK’s music loving population is fed-up with his wretched disingenuous monopoly.

Introducing… Bob Dylan's - "Must Be Santa"... Last year, Jeff Buckley gave us all hope that common sense and love of music will one day prevail. The appreciation and awareness of Buckley’s outstanding version of Hallelujah introduced a whole new audience to his talents, and also gave way to contempt for Cowell and the sadly more popular Burke version. This year there is no more powerful an icon than Bob Dylan who, at the age of 68, has created one of the catchiest and most spirited Christmas records since the glam hey-day of the Seventies. Not only that, he has also made a video that when, accompanied with the music, will cheer up even the most miserable of Scrooges.

So all I ask is that people will visit iTunes or Amazon and download this remarkable record and get it to number one (after 14th December, preferably). Remember all proceeds of this record go to the following charities:

Feeding America will receive Dylan's royalties from sales in the USA.
    Crisis will receive Dylan's royalties from sales in the UK.
    United Nations' World Food Programme will benefit from all other sales.

If you still not convinced I will leave you with one simple question:

Wouldn’t you rather help the poor, hungry and unfortunate people of the world than pay for Cowell’s next multi-million pound lavish self-indulgent birthday bash or 60-a-day cigarette habit?

BLOG: Must Be Dylan
    TWITTER: Must Be Dylan
    FACEBOOK: Must Be Dylan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

After the ****ty recessionary year we've had in Ireland it would probably be appropriate to have that moany oul whore droning in the New Year alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This album is utter ****e and I could near guarantee whatever crap Cowell puts out will sound better. Dylan's just taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

After the ****ty recessionary year we've had in Ireland it would probably be appropriate to have that moany oul whore droning in the New Year alright.
    Spot on. Like Morrissey, he's a fairly good songwriter, but he hasn't got a note in his body!
    I bought the CD but it is out there on the torrent sites so I don't have a rapidshare link.
    However, if you really feel you have to listen to him;
    http://rapidshare.com/files/300897139/Bob_Dylan_-_Christmas_In_The_Heart__2009_.rar
    Deaf%2BSymbol.png

"Fairly good songwriter"?

Ever so slightly understating the man who wrote Like a Rolling Stone, My Back Pages, Blowin' in the Wind, All Along the Watchtower and any number of other fantastic, iconic songs.

But as people have said, people will buy whatever dross comes out the arse end of the X Factor en masse :mad:

Driver 8 wrote: »
    "Fairly good songwriter"?

Ever so slightly understating the man who wrote Like a Rolling Stone, My Back Pages, Blowin' in the Wind, All Along the Watchtower and any number of other fantastic, iconic songs.

But as people have said, people will buy whatever dross comes out the arse end of the X Factor en masse :mad:
    And his singing? By the way, I hate all that x factor stuff. The Beatles, the Stones, Led Zep, Yes, Queen, The Eagles, ELO; any of them will do for me, thanks.

Dylan's voice suits the material perfectly, as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer him (or Leonard Cohen, or Neil Young), who are technically far from the best singers in a technical sense, to a Beyonce or Mariah Carey who have a multi octave range and about as much soul in their music as the T-1000

I mean, you mention you're a Beatles fan-Lennon, again wasn't technically any great shakes as a singer, but you wouldn't want anyone else singing those songs, would you?

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Dylan's voice suits the material perfectly, as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer him (or Leonard Cohen, or Neil Young), who are technically far from the best singers in a technical sense, to a Beyonce or Mariah Carey who have a multi octave range and about as much soul in their music as the T-1000

I mean, you mention you're a Beatles fan-Lennon, again wasn't technically any great shakes as a singer, but you wouldn't want anyone else singing those songs, would you?
    You do have a point there. Neither Lennon or McCartney are/were any great shakes as singers. Still better than Dylan though! :D Obviously, we're not going to agree on Bob and I don't particularly want to get into an argument with you, so I'll call a truce. Okay?

No argument here, mate.

Now go download the song ;) ha

Advertisement