Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD MSDNAA

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

What students have access to this?

A copy of Windows 7 would be pretty handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Only the postgrads have I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Only the postgrads have I believe.

:eek:

Jaysus, TCD 2nd year engineers have full access (Seemingly).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whats MSDNAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i checked:D ye,we do,but seems like only computer science or related courses' students have the access.

would be great if we can get a free win7 really!

*summon comp science student*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't recall getting access as an undergrad, but then again I'm not a Winblows user anyway. :pac:

Dreamspark is open to all students anyway, it won't give you Win7, but it'll give you some of the M$ dev tools for free.

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i checked:D ye,we do,but seems like only computer science or related courses' students have the access.

would be great if we can get a free win7 really!

*summon comp science student*

I'm doing a related course!

With any luck.....!

i actually dig up the link for u!the ucd one:
    http://msdn60.e-academy.com/elms/StorefrontSupport/MsdnaaStorefrontSupportMain.aspx?campus=msdnaa_vn1217&np1=17

and the original mdsn website is here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ie/academic/default(en-us).aspx

hope you IT ppl goodluck!:D
    actually,tell me hows it goes,i may give it a try too
    I don't recall getting access as an undergrad, but then again I'm not a Winblows user anyway. :pac:

Dreamspark is open to all students anyway, it won't give you Win7, but it'll give you some of the M$ dev tools for free.
    apparently Dreamspark is a part of the msdn programme - i have no idea why is that nobody knows about the students can get free OS download from MS all these years,yes,Vista was free to students at that time too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Does $teve Job$' company give any software to students for free?

Does $teve Job$' company give any software to students for free?

No, but when you pay for it, it works......:p

Seems to be a runner.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

betafrog wrote: »
    Computer Science students do, both undergrad and postgrad... I just got my Win 7 Serial Key today :-p

How exactly did you go about this? Were you able to log into the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Yup as a CS student I have account for the CSServer which allows me to login into the site, download a Win7 ISO and request a product key.

Can all postgrads access this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

I have access to it. And wouldnt mind getting a copy of win 7. Do you just email them for a serial or do you have to have a specific need to get a serial for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Are you a computer science postgrad?

No, law...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You can get a free trial of Windows 7 from Microsoft, it'll work for quite a long time.

just a small update that i bought win7 pro few days ago with 30pounds and think maybe i should spread the news abit(not really a big news so i didnt open a new thread for this)

a reply of mine from OS forum:

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/studentoffer/

go there,say yes,key in your college email address.

i am a ucd student and my address works :D got my win7 pro for 30pounds few days ago.make the files to iso,burn it to dvd.wolla!

absolutely a steal for that price!!

p/s:you can choose the pro version on the buying page,look down there is a small line saying do you need student domain access etc ,choose that and you will be directed to Pro version.the Xp Mode in win7 pro or above version is what made me pay my money.

Advertisement