Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxi cosi pram help pls!!!!

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi guys,

i spent days and days reading around old posts and i got some great ideas and hints from them.

i have finally decided to go for a combination like this:

pram and buggy (not a travel system)
    and seperate car seat

so searching around i found this offer online
    Maxi Cosi Mura 3 Inc Pack 11 Flamingo Slice for only 220 pounds
    (The Mura is teamed up with the matching carrycot)

unfortunately i cannot find a store that stocks this one to go and have a look...

does anyone have any feedback? i read that it is a very heavy one... is it true?

just for the record the RRP is 550 pounds!!!!!
    so i dont want to end buying something simply because it is on a great offer but the pram is not good.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have the maxi cosi mura 4.
    It is the best buggy and pram that I have ever used.
    I am on my 1st baby but pushed quite a few buggies:)
    It is great on rough terrain,a little heavy for constantly putting in and out of the car.
    Brilliant for train journey I still love it and my baby is 9 1/2 months old.
    I am living in North Kildare,if you want to come try it out.You are more then Welcome.
    I got the whole combo from kiddicare about a year ago for 499.I had seen it in mother care but it was nearing 1k for the lot and Tony Kealys had it and it was over 1k for the lot so I was delighted with myself:)
    Fell free to pm me for more info
    Rach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭yan

thanks a lot!!!!!!

finally some feedback :)

i might as well pm you. thanks once again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

If I were you I would avoid the Mura pram unless you are big into walking. As prams go it would at the heavier end of the scale so not really suitable for lifting in and out of car boots. Also folds quiet large so not a great space saver. If you're looking for something on that style the Quinny Speedi is a great one and not as heavy.

i was at smyths today and they have an offer for the Britax Vigour +3 together with the car seat for 300!!!!

any feedback on this?

is it a bargain or do they try to get rid of a crap stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

yan wrote: »
    i was at smyths today and they have an offer for the Britax Vigour +3 together with the car seat for 300!!!!

any feedback on this?

is it a bargain or do they try to get rid of a crap stock?

The Vigour 3 is a nice buggy. Was it the new model or the older model? The older vigour seat unit was only suitable from 3 months upwards which meant you had to use the carseat all the time for the first 3 months (obviously a big problem). If it is the current model you'll be ok as it is now suitable from birth. You'll know the difference as the newer model comes with a footmuff aswell. If you ask a member of staff they should be able to let you know.

• Advertisement

thanks for the feedback

yes it is the new model. it comes with a footmuff but only actually half a footmuff. it doesnt have the back.... but i guess i can live with this.

and yes it fully reclines as well so it is suitable from birth.

i think i will go for it. 300 is a price u cannot beat

cheers for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pippacoo

I really like the maxi cosi mura 3 and I am wondering if you have a second child while your first child is still a toddler is there an attachment so you can make it into a double buggy? Many thaks for your help!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pippacoo

I have been looking at the icandy apple jogger ..just wondering can it be upgraded to an icandy pear? Also has anybody used a buggy board with the apple jogger?
    Thanks!!

Advertisement