Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc. in Statistics

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm trying to decide on what course to do next year. I've a B.A. in Maths and Statistics 2:1, and the MSc. in Stats in UCD look appealing.
    Does anyone have any opinion in its difficulty etc?
    More importantly though, where do the majority of graduates from this end up working and also, what's the salary I should expect to recieve?
    If it's not very good I'd consider doing the H.Dip in Actuarial Science in UCD but I think I'd enjoy the MSc in Stats more?
    Any advice?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

I'm trying to decide on what course to do next year. I've a B.A. in Maths and Statistics 2:1, and the MSc. in Stats in UCD look appealing.
    Does anyone have any opinion in its difficulty etc?
    More importantly though, where do the majority of graduates from this end up working and also, what's the salary I should expect to recieve?
    If it's not very good I'd consider doing the H.Dip in Actuarial Science in UCD but I think I'd enjoy the MSc in Stats more?
    Any advice?

Yes. Decide WHY you want a postgraduate qualification, then decide what is best suited for you. If you want to be an actuary, do a course that is linked to the Society of Actuaries....as a forinstance.

Advertisement