Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Weeks till Oz

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Started new program yesterday. Aim is to get into the best shape that i can for my month long holiday to Thailand and Australia at start of December.

Plan is for proper weights sessions Mon, Wed, Fri and then for the days in between im going to do a medicine ball program for core strengthening. Im also cycling to and from work every day.

Monday weights were chest - triceps and core

5x5 bench press at 50kg

3 x superset (flat, incline, decline barbell chest press - 3sets of 8 of each at 18kg)

3 x 8 tricep extensions supersetted with 3 x 20 dips

3 sets of front and side bridges holding for 30 secs each.

Diet for the 7 weeks will be

8.00 4x weetabix + slim milk
    10.15-10.30 Porridge
    12.30 Apple + Protein shake
    2.00-2.30 Brown Rice + tuna + sweetcorn and protein shake
    5.00 Tuna brown roll\sandwich\pitta bread
    730 Salmon\Chicken and roasted peppers and carrots

Also going to take creatine aswell. Starting the loading phase today so we will see how that goes.

Off for my first go at the medicine ball routine now. Should be tough. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stiofain2005

Day 4 now. Got the bodyfat tested and im around 17%. Im 6ft and about 80kg. Wonder how much i can get that bodyfat down over the next 6 weeks.

Did Legs and Shoulders yesterday.

Leg extensions : 3 x15 at 35kg 30 sec break in between
    Squats : 3 x 15 at 30kg 30 sec
    Military Press 3 x 8 at 25kg
    Lunges 3 x 8 with no weight

Superset x3
    Arnold
    Front
    Lat all 3x8 at 6kg

Seriously sore today.

Med ball routine this lunchtime. Was good on tuesday but as i was doing it with someone else we swapped after each exercise. Going to run through the 10 exercises straight today. Going to pretty tough i imagine especially with my legs already aching.
    Also was told yesterday to up the cardio so going to do 10 mins of intervals on the cross trainer.

Ok few days since last post.

Did day 3 of my gym program on Friday this consisted of

Bent over front row 3x8 @ 30kg
    Pull ups 3x8
    Sitting row 3x8 @50kg

Superset x3
    Bicep curls x8 @ 10kg
    Hammer curls x8 @ 10kg

Superset x3
    Stress curls x8 @ 12kg
    same again at 1/3 weight x8

Concentration curls 3x5 @ 10kg

Arms were sorer than ever after that session. Dont think ive ever done so much for the biceps before.

Went out on the booze on Friday night which then lead to not eating great on sat. Off the booze now for the next 6 weeks so hopefully that will help a lot. Finished up the creatine loading phase on sat aswell. Think i felt a bit of difference yesterday when i did my chest and tricep workout. Am not absolutely dying today so it probably is helping my recovery.

Med ball routine now. Might try and do 3 sets today. Probably will fail on the third set but that aint a bad thing.

Program is going well. Can see a bit of a difference. The creatine has definately improved my energy for the medicine ball routine. Going to continue away with it for the next 5 weeks. (even though my mam is scared stiff of me getting too big. Cant see it myself :) )

Tried doing some interval training on the cross trainer last week but that messed up my groin injury so ill have to give that a miss. Hopefully good eating and the medicine ball routine 3 days a week will be enough to get rid of the fat.

Chest and triceps today. Was feeling a little bit weak but got through it all ok.

Advertisement