Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal pike introduction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fishder

I suppose the killing off pike in theese lakes would be constructive, wake up .

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

I think the fish were intoduced by someone. The fact that they are so young and no one every caught them in the lake before, it makes sense. I could see how invasive species could be transfered naturally but as they say in the Cider Factory "Nothing added but time", and the time span here seems far too short. Remove them as they unbalance the system.

By the by..
    I wonder how many juvenile fish are taken by Comorants on this system ever year? Are these an invasive species??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fishder

It always makes me wonder about the mind set off the so called game angler.Ihave fished over in the west for the last 30 years and to see local trout clubs remove and kill pike whitch are a wild fish and great to catch on the fly rod. Then they put loads off theese hatchery fed and not so finn perfect trout that will take a piece off silver foil if put on front off them into the lake and easy pray for pike or angler. I have caught some off theese fish and they just wallow on the surface when caught, I would much rather catch a wild jack pike on a fly rod far better sport and release it . I rember one time catching one off theese stockie trout whitch I released and a trout angler near me could not believe I let the fish back.Is it any wonder angling is in the state it is in this country. We fight amoung ourselves while nothing is done about the real issues eg FNs poaching and netting game anglers killing most off their catch they should take a leaf out off the Pike anglers book in regards to conservasion. well thats my rant over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

fishder wrote: »
    It always makes me wonder about the mind set off the so called game angler.Ihave fished over in the west for the last 30 years and to see local trout clubs remove and kill pike whitch are a wild fish and great to catch on the fly rod. Then they put loads off theese hatchery fed and not so finn perfect trout that will take a piece off silver foil if put on front off them into the lake and easy pray for pike or angler. I have caught some off theese fish and they just wallow on the surface when caught, I would much rather catch a wild jack pike on a fly rod far better sport and release it . I rember one time catching one off theese stockie trout whitch I released and a trout angler near me could not believe I let the fish back.Is it any wonder angling is in the state it is in this country. We fight amoung ourselves while nothing is done about the real issues eg FNs poaching and netting game anglers killing most off their catch they should take a leaf out off the Pike anglers book in regards to conservasion. well thats my rant over with

couldn't agree more

Advertisement