Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Park

Options
  • 20-10-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Afternoon folks.

I've started back running(even though it hurts starting) and have started using the Castle Park for it. The problem I am having is I have only a rough idea of the distance I am doing. Google Maps isn't great for the park, as it doesn't show the tracks. I am wondering does anybody have a map, or an idea of the distance around the park.

Cheers.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Use google earth.
    Click the ruler and select path.
    Click a points along the route....
    It's just over 1 mile around (1.7km ish) depending on the exact route you take.
    You obviously can't exactly see the path for the tree cover but you'll be close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I jog around there myself and a friend of mine calculated with that map your run thingbyjig that it's 1.8km. I thought it would have been a little bit more but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Used to walk there every day. Started at the big gate across from nuncio road there and walked laps of the park. Asked the park warden one day what the distance is and he told me that its 1.2 miles and thats a full lap including going round by the duck pond as well.

Advertisement