Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales video for INDECT project leaked

Options
  • 20-10-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Here is a leaked sales pitch video for the EU funded INDECT project, which has raised an outcry among civil liberties activists including Eddan Katz, the International Affairs Director for the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

But only the criminals need fear it!

I for one welcome our new omnicognizant Panopticist Overlords...or at least that's what I'll say on the internets its made to monitor...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭SeanW

Looks like an Orwellian's wet dream :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Don't really have a huge problem with it, but since we're not signed up to it it's pretty much a non-issue for Irish people right now.

That said, you get some civil liberties people complaining about CCTV cameras in city centres which I find interesting since I've yet to actually meet someone who doesn't think they are a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

That was the worst video I've ever seen :(

I don't mean that in an OMG 1984, I mean if thats the sales video then we might not need to worry because nobody would buy it based off that video :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What kind of self-respecting internationally wanted criminal would drive a Fiat Cinquecento?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

What kind of self-respecting internationally wanted criminal would drive a Fiat Cinquecento?

No one suspects the Fiat Cinquencento driver! That's why we need advanced technology to track them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

dunno whats worse the production quality of the video or the fact that INDECT show a guy just walk into their office building and take a folder with what we are lead to assume is highly important stuff. Not very encouraging if the security in the INDECT building is so lax and they want our police and security services to use their recommended practices. :eek:

Advertisement