Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apllication?

Options
  • 20-10-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, iv just joined.
    I had 2 rifles and a shotgun a few years ago, but gave them up, due to getting boged down in work and had no time for shooting.
    I have more time now and was just wondering, as it seems to have changed all, how to go about applying again for a .22lr rifle?
    Will i be refused, as i gave them up before?
    As it has changed, how do i go about apllying now?
    Thanks,
    Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

much the same as before just more paper work involved,, go to gun dealer put deposit on gun, go to cop shop get the application form, or ring your local station and make an appointment to see the firearms officer he ll set you straight,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

^
    |
    |
    What ronn said.

In addition, you having 'given up' your previous firearms should have no bearing whatsoever on any new application.

You'll find all the necessary documentation on the Garda site, but you'll particularly need the application form (FCA1) and also have a good read through the Commissioner's Guidelines for lots of useful information on filling out the form.
    The application forms are readily available in Garda stations now too, if you'd prefer to use a pre-printed version.

Prior to making any sort of application, you'll at the very least need to have either your own land or permission from land owners if you intend using the rifle for hunting or vermin control, or else you'll need to be a member of a target shooting club if you intend using it for target shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fallow

Thanks for the info.
    I will go down to my local garda staion and ask to see the officer in charge of apllications. :)

Mick.

Advertisement