Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall online ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Is it still inadvisable to join a guild before your character is reasonably strong?
    When I played certain powerful characters would declare war on guilds just so they could gank new players without worrying about towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

pwd wrote: »
    Is it still inadvisable to join a guild before your character is reasonably strong?
    When I played certain powerful characters would declare war on guilds just so they could gank new players without worrying about towers.

You should join a clan as early as possible. This isn't a game you can enjoy on your own. Join one that lives in a player city and you won't have to worry about war decced clans killing you under npc towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i managed to evade a kill squad last night, i got that rush feeling, considering i had no armor and just regs/wand and sickle

it was funny using mana to stamina as i was running away and healing, then using health to mana to replenish. the guys chasing me ran out of juice although i was on low health by the time i got far enough away to slow down.

they started arrowing me, but they werent very good. i got a few hits in on one guy with the more powerful magic arrow spell cant remember the name. they buggered off when he hit half health.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah definitely. I hate that stupid ****ing bug where people just war dec you and kill you in a town. Its beyond me why people can still do it.
    Still, thats where the real money will be made, with a buddy or two on bigger mobs. Eventually you'll be strong enough to take on some big mobs through your own methods solo.
    Funky wrote: »
    hahaha just logged back in for the first time still in Aradoth where i'd been macroing when i quit months ago, ganked some dude AFK mining and managed to bank his enchanted rings and mount before i got killed :D

LOL. What time of day was that btw, and how many people active were there roughly? Been considering using a rune to there for a pk run some of the nights.

jaggeh wrote: »
    i managed to evade a kill squad last night, i got that rush feeling, considering i had no armor and just regs/wand and sickle

it was funny using mana to stamina as i was running away and healing, then using health to mana to replenish. the guys chasing me ran out of juice although i was on low health by the time i got far enough away to slow down.

they started arrowing me, but they werent very good. i got a few hits in on one guy with the more powerful magic arrow spell cant remember the name. they buggered off when he hit half health.

lol nice one.
    Yeah havent had adrenaline rushes like this since UO. There will come a day when you can turn and put up a fight downing 2 or maybe all 3. So long as you're adaptive and patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

KoKane wrote: »
    LOL. What time of day was that btw, and how many people active were there roughly? Been considering using a rune to there for a pk run some of the nights.

bout 4pm our time, there was a few(5 or 6) people chilling round the bank but they were pretty oblivious till the guard tower start shooting me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It's good to have you back. I won't be able to log in till monday, but when I do we are going to find some **** to kill. :)

Hopefully Kokane will give you the same offer he gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

is it a lot better now yeah?
    Yes, it really is. The UI has been cleaned up, the mobs are more fun to kill, skill-ups are faster, city sieging seems to have stabilised, the assholes have gone and everything is improving all the time.
    The things that turned me off before were:
    The biggest concentration of players were afks being beaten to raise stats in a clan city...I saw they increased skill gains for hitting mobs, but did that get rid of this?
    Yes, AFK macroing is almost completely eliminated. There are still those who do it, for the rare spells that are ungrindable on mobs, only players, like confusion. But they are definitely in the minority. Skill gain is pretty insane on mobs, at least up until 50. After that it does seem to slow considerably, but it is still noticeably faster than afk macroing. I used to afk macroing because it was a requirement to stay competitive. Now it seems more like just botting to gain an advantage, which doesn't sit very well with me.
    Hackers...I got the impression certain hacks would be undetectable, thanks to them being on the clientside (radar for example). I saw a couple of people who definitely were hacking (super fast speed)

The obvious hacks seem to be getting caught straight away. I couldn't say for sure, as I don't have first hand experience. But the days of setting out hunting and coming across 3 speed hackers in one night are over. Radar, as in most games without an anti-cheat detection system built into the client; seems to remain undetectable. But you can never be sure the other guy is using it and even if he is, it is mainly only an advantage in large scale pvp.
    Exploits: Wallkicking...there were places where a drake could kill high level mobs with loads of loot by bashing them through a wall, or the sid eof an upturned boat. It was also clans that were going on how this was unacceptable and they'd never do it that I saw doing it...They then changed their stance to the others are doing it so we have to...
    A lot of the AI has been cleaned up alright, and the exploitable terrain (it was rarely wallhacks), where you could climb inside a building and kill a mob without ever taking a hit; have been fixed. Mobs also take less damage from mounts and combined with the skill gain and overall HP reduction they received, it is now more effective to just solo lower level mobs or get a group of 3-4 and solo stuff that used to require 8+.
    There were a lot of twats in the game too...plenty of nice people, but the twats tended to be more vocal.

The twats seem to all have moved to the NA server. The nice people have stayed. They are ruthless, but ultimately nice.

if i accidentally kill a blue player, does that make me perma red till i kill another red player?

or is there a timer.

some idiot on low health ran into an arrow.

You can see your allignment under your mana bar.

If you kill someone of the same race that is blue, you lose allignment.
    If you gank someone of the same race that is blue, you lose allignment.

If you kill someone of the same race that is red, you gain allignment.
    If you gank someone of the same race that is red, you gain allignment.

If you kill someone of an enemy race, you gain allignment.
    If you gank someone of an enemy race, you gain allignment.

If you kill or gank someone of an enemy guild (orange) allignment is unaffected either way.

So if you killed a dude last night and went red, then you are red and considered a murderer of your own kind.
    You'll need to kill enemy races now or other reds I think.

Killing and Ganking are two seperate checks for raising/losing allignment.

• Advertisement

some idiot on low health ran into an arrow.

If you delivered the killing blow, he has the option to forgive you or not, as in giving you a negative allignment hit.
    I hope you didnt revive him if he didnt forgive. At least take his **** lol

server went down just after it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

server went down just after it happened

You start with positive 10 alignment and you lose 8 for killing someone, if you didn't gank him you should still be blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Good to see all the Irish guys coming back, like I said before if anyone has any questions or needs help just send me a pm ingame @ neilk bergane :D

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9458/heytowers.png

Had the most insane water fight to date last night.

http://df.urme.com/map/

All of those pink dots Vs so few of us. We won with minimal losses.

Was like a siege with so many people and drop in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

What clan you in Kokane akatsuki ?

Yeah, in Real Estate Agency.
    Guild mate frapsd a tiny bit of the water fight :/

Yeah, in Real Estate Agency.
    Guild mate frapsd a tiny bit of the water fight :/

Ye... I joined one of the pink dots... :rolleyes:
    :o

how do i go about getting into a clan, i want to do something other than smack goblins and deer/badgers.

just 1v1'ed a guy who was way better equipped than me (im wearing a mix of cloth and padded crap)
    and looked to have more stats too. managed to wtfpwn him them someone else ganked him while he was down.
    i got about 60gp worth of gear off him, was mostly near broken so i didnt keep it.

good fight tho got me going :D

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Ye... I joined one of the pink dots... :rolleyes:
    :o

:mad:

Well actually thats forgivable if someones returning to the game imo :p
    + You should see more action if your alliance continues to be at war with Cairn.

@ Jaggeh
    You can apply to guilds via the Clan pages on the in-game browser. You can find guilds recruiting on the forums or sometimes in Race chat.
    (What race are you btw?)
    The Liandri Mining Corporation is Neilks guild. They live out of Bloodscar at the center of Agon. They might take you on and get you out onto some bigger mobs and youd get a lot of travelling players near that hamlet so its a good spot for pvp + Villages and player citys / chaos citys and mob spawns near it.

• Advertisement

what's everybody up too?

I ganked KoKane at a devil spawn a few days ago :eek:
    .... he had a imba cobra staff :rolleyes:

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    I ganked KoKane at a devil spawn a few days ago :eek:
    .... he had a imba cobra staff :rolleyes:

Eh really?

Last time I died at a devil spawn was when I was with Many Marsh and Neptun Y3 from Warcry.

We were gonna jump 7 or 8 Nomads. You in Nomads? I definitely didnt drop the cobrastaff though. I'm destroyer spec atm. Blackbolts is all i need

edit -

f u :P

Eh really?

Last time I died at a devil spawn was when I was with Many Marsh and Neptun Y3 from Warcry.

We were gonna jump 7 or 8 Nomads. You in Nomads? I definitely didnt drop the cobrastaff though. I'm destroyer spec atm. Blackbolts is all i need

edit -

f u :P

Ah **** must of been ur buddies who dropped the 1.46 Durability cobra staff :P

There was only 5 of us ... minus the 1 Afk nub :D

Anyway all fun fun :P

Im only back a few weeks ... grind is less... but could be better. And they need more specializations.
    Atm, Magic > All - so the majority run around with Bone/bits of scale armor. Its abit Dull....

I heavily disagree with Magic > all

Its tough allright as destroyer in a duel vs mage but duelling aint Darkfall.

The only problems I see atm is the cost difference in the loadouts for either type of player.

Ya I agree with kokane I do fine as a melee/archer player with geared up good ask ragekill for example particularly mapi :P

Melee/Archery spec rather useless in sieges .... from what ive seen with Powerrangers vs Cairn anyway... mostly a Magic nuke fest.... then run in and mob up one side is usually fleeing at this stage...

xzy is a retard wouldn't even come fight cairn when we sieged them xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

hey guys i just got the trial and was wondering if anybody had an irish clan i could join as an ultra newb

• Advertisement

Think im going to let me sub run out this month...
    Will probably be back for the next expansion! they need to make further improvements imo

Still no other game gives you an adrenaline rush like darkfall :D

Advertisement