Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Pubs (City Centre)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

livinsane wrote: »
    I love to find a city pub with a dart board and a pool table. Any ideas??

Brannigan's on Pine Street has both. Nice pub, cheapish drinks, Just don't expect to play pool or darts during a Liverpool game.

Callanan's on George's Quay has a rings board if you want a bit of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

evilivor wrote: »
    Brannigan's on Pine Street has both. Nice pub, cheapish drinks, Just don't expect to play pool or darts during a Liverpool game.

Callanan's on George's Quay has a rings board if you want a bit of variety.

Cool, thanks for that. I've never been there.
    I know Callanan's alright. Cheapest pint I've ever got in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I reckon the only pubs worth visiting (in no particular order) are:
    Mutton Lane (only negative point is that time flies and the candlelit comfort of the place makes me drink like a fish)

Would only agree with Mutton Lane from your list.

There is a pool table & a dart board in the Southern Star at the top of the Southern Road (up the hill from Paddy The Farmers). Nice pints of Guinness too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Hi-B guy is still there - just not every day.

More info needed OP - not much use recommending Soho to you if you're more of a Long Valley person. If you're old enough to have been a punk/ska-head though, I'd recommend the latter... not Soho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Thanks all plenty of food for thought. I have made a list and checked it twice and over Christmas when I am home I am going on the mother of all pub crawls. I might have to split it over two nights with the length of that list but we soldier on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Forde's on Southgate Bridge is a lovely bar.
    All the sports you need and they have a dart board.

If I'm in town, I would always try to get to The Mutton.
    Tom Barry's is a little out of the way but worth it IMO

Aren't we lucky we have such great pubs in Cork!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Seeka

Fred Zepplins was great when I was goin through my rocker phase. It depends on who I am out with, if it's a girlie night it's gotta be Chambers and Long Island, if I am out with my brothers it's The Oval, Mutton, Roundy, An Brog and if i'm out with my sis it's Loafers:pac:

Advice to the OP- try em all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

Whats the name of the pub practically next door to the Raven and across from the Classic? We usually wander in there at some stage during work ngts out. The staff behind the bar are really sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

Brog, Mutton Lane, Suas and Old Oak are great spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Whats the name of the pub practically next door to the Raven and across from the Classic? We usually wander in there at some stage during work ngts out. The staff behind the bar are really sweet!!

The Castle Inn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

kmick wrote: »
    Yeah the Bodega is fine for afternoon drinking but at night the crowd is a bit arty. The old oak just never appealed to me I suppose I will have to give it another go for research purposes but it always seemed to be packed to the rafters with people who love Aslan. This is a deal breaker for me.

^^^^ Fpmsl. Old Oak is renouned for being the perviest bar in Cork, I wouldn't darken it's door.
    Am I right in saying no one has mentioned Sin e yet, over on Coburg St. Surley the best bar in the city.

good spot for live music
    I reckon the only pubs worth visiting (in no particular order) are:

Tom Barry's on Barrack's Street (lovely atmosphere and big beer garden)

Fionbarra's on Douglas Street (nice vibe, cool artwork on the walls, lovely grub during the day)

The Quad on Tuckey St (bit more hardcore music at times and always interesting faces)

The Bodhran on Oliver Plunkett St (always decent music playing whether live or just out of the pc)

Mutton Lane (only negative point is that time flies and the candlelit comfort of the place makes me drink like a fish)

Crane Lane (can be crowded on the weekend nights but really nice decor and wall art, huge space with big smoking area, eclectic music and bands playing sometimes).

The Brog (can be a bit empty and cold on a bad day but cheap pints before 9 and always good music playing)

The Oval (nice on a weekday evening when its not too crowded. Same atmosphere as Mutton Lane)

You my friend have summarised it beautifully, and I would also frequent these pubs as they are top class.

may I recomend The Sextant over by the dock, a pretty cool spot and a good pint also if your a stout man.

plazzTT wrote: »
    The Castle Inn?

Yes!! That's the very one thank you couldnt for the life of me remember the name:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Yes!! That's the very one thank you couldnt for the life of me remember the name:rolleyes:

If your going to sample the best pubs in cork you have to go to the castle inn, thats compulsory!

A proper old man country pub in the middle of the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kc89

SOBERLANE possibly the best pub ever! and they have the nicest nachos ever lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

kc89 wrote: »
    SOBERLANE possibly the best pub ever! and they have the nicest nachos ever lol

+ 1. Nice food and the staff are lovely.

Snesfan wrote: »
    If your going to sample the best pubs in cork you have to go to the castle inn, thats compulsory!

A proper old man country pub in the middle of the city!

Absolutley, it's definitley one in a million:D
    Oh am also a fan of Sober Lane and yes their nachos are yummy!!

Advertisement