Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newborn

Options
  • 20-10-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

My best mate gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last night after a concealed pregnancy [even she didnt know!]and im looking to get her an unusual present. As this was such short notice, I dont want to get her the usual stuff like clothes, blankets, etc because her family have done this and everyone else she knows is giving these, and it looks like so far she has a mountain of clothes at the moment.

What else is there to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trillian

No way! I always thought surprise pregnancies were the stuff of legends. I think it's quite nice to get something specially for the new mother (spa voucher, pampering gift set etc.). You always get loads of stuff for the baby and she deserves something nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Indeed we did too.... We thought it was just the stories you'd read in magazine, but apparently they do happen! Trust me, was a shock when she decided to go to the bathroom and hey presto! Baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Chasing Cars

I hope herself and the baby are alright. If she is a bit stapped for cash (babies are very expensive) a one for all voucher is always good so that she can treat herself or be more practical if she needs to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

You could buy a big basket and fill it up with baby stuff - wipes, sponges, shampoos, lotion, baby oil, sudocream, towels, bottles etc - all useful baby stuff, even a nice little teddy bear or a blanket in it aswell. Thats what I usually do for friends who have babies.

The last baby gift I gave was 200 Zlotys - (babys parents were returning to Poland for a family holiday). Money in a card is always a good gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Thread (and baby) are 2 years old now so I'm locking this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement