Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for cheap wine Locations in Northern Ireland

• 20-10-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there, I'm trying to locate some cheap wine deals for my wedding which is coming up next year. The hotel is charging 8 euro corkage so I need to keep the price as low as possible without it being vinegar. France is the best bet but the ferry across is the killer, so I was wondering If anyone could recommend somewhere in Northern Ireland. All suggestions welcome. Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

kyler wrote: »
    Hey there, I'm trying to locate some cheap wine deals for my wedding which is coming up next year. The hotel is charging 8 euro corkage so I need to keep the price as low as possible without it being vinegar. France is the best bet but the ferry across is the killer, so I was wondering If anyone could recommend somewhere in Northern Ireland. All suggestions welcome. Cheers

You should check out forums Northern Ireland Bargain Alerts and Bargain Alerts [Requests].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The supermarkets do very good deals but you would want to know what you are buying as a lot of it is muck.... Sainsburys currently have some at 3 for 10 pounds but they could be horrible! They also have some half price eg a Lussac St Emilion that could be OK - currently 6.99 with a further 5% off if you buy 6+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Tesco's Asda & Sainsburys all regularly do wine deals.

As the said above there are regular 3 for £10 or half price deals as well as other lesser but still decent discounts ...

Was up there 2 weeks ago and got some cases Hardys Stamps of Australia Cab Sauv, ANtares Chillien Merlot & 35 South Sauv Blanc all on 3 for 10 offers. These are all screw caps but still half decent wine.

Also got some french Bourdeaux Superieur controlée vintage for half price.

However I would advise a renegotiation of corkage also. Hotels cannot afford to lose business these days so a bit of hard ball should be used.

I had my wedding 2 years ago and that was still during the screw you times and I got mine for 5Euro a bottle down from 10Euro for wine and 15euro for bubbley :rolleyes:. Hotels play on you if they think you really want their hotel and feel they have you by the short and curleys

Good luck in your wedding by the way and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kyler

Thanks for all the help guys it's much appreciated. We're still putting the squeeze on the hotel for the corkage and hopefully they'll give in on some of it...

Advertisement