Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP7 pouches and accesories

Options
  • 20-10-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks.

Need a hand regarding my mp7.

I plan to use it alot more, and plan to bring it with me to Sweden. I'm a bit stuck on a few things thought.

I currently use a bungee cord i bought in lidl with it. I simply twist it, and put it over my shoulders like a backpack, and the mp7 hangs snug under my arm, just its a bit tight and annoying.

So firstly I want some sort of nice sling for it.

Another option is going with a holster, although I'd prefer to sling it, but a holster is an option.

Secondly is mag storage. I currently through them all into a dump pouch.

However I'm wondering is there anything specific to store mp7 mags.

I want to be tacvest free with this loadout.

Minimal is my blast belt, to hold radio and admin pouch, so i can throw some mp7 pouches on there.

Alternatively can put them onto my drop leg panels, or just keep storing them loosely in my drop leg.

Also looking for advice on simple upgrades.

Its a stock TM , and its fricking fantastic, but if there anything better that can be done then I'm all ears.

I've gone away from heavy loadouts and want something mobile and pacey, and the mp7, to be blunt, ranges everything else ive met on the field.

Suggestions and help a welcome thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Welcome to airsoft!

Are you using the extended magazines, or the ones that are just the length of the pistol grip? Just thinking off the top of my head, I'd expect the extended ones to fit nicely into a soft MP5 mag pouch, and there's loads of them about, many belt-mountable. The short ones should work nicely with http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CQC-Leather-Mag-Pouch,100,82.htm which is very low-profile. A shoulder holster with extra magazine pouches on both sides instead of a pistol holster would be deadly, but I don't recall ever seeing one.

I sure haven't tried any of this, although I expect to have a Blackhawk shoulder holster in the next couple of days (for The Mall) and can see how the MP7 mags fit.

As for other stuff I also haven't tried, you'll no doubt already know that eHobbyAsia amongst others have a few bits and bobs for it (including a longer barrel with a flash suppressor that disguises it, but frankly I want my MP7 to be less accurate, not more), and it requires a special screwdriver thinger to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

I'd say a single point bungee coupled with MP7 Sling Swivel would be a good bet. Swivel screws into the back body pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hey Doc, these are a bit pricey but might be waht you're looking for in terms of mag storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the advice guys.

I think I'll go with the sling swivel and get it CQB slung.

Still at odd ends with mag pouches, problem is I'm going to have them on my lag or belt hopefully, so I need something that is guaranteed to be secure.

The flecktarn pouches posted are ideal, but I'll need them in OD. And they are pricey for what they are also.

I might look into how the irish guards do theirs, since I'm assuming they use leg pouches.

Other then that it might have to be mp5 mag pouches, I'll probably end up wearing the blast belt...

Although I odnt know how well multicam drop legs and blast belts go with OD.

This is all in prep for Sweden next year, but its just a loadout i want to wear more often.

• Advertisement

Are you using the short or long type mags?
    If you're using the short ones these will fit them with a little room to spare apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=9114

It's for an MP5K, but I'm sure if you put the sling swivel on the MP7 that it would fit nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

iceage wrote: »

I mount a similar holster to the back of my utility belt for the MP7. You don't even notice you are wearing it during a skirmish. Getting the MP7 out in a hurry is a bit fiddly but very doable after some practice.

MP7 mags are a bit of a challenge alright I use Mag 100rd long mags. Great mags!

FYI If you go down to G-Tac 2 Urban Xtreme then a tracer unit plus laser on your MP7 is braptastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=20348
    Nine ball branded sling swivel. Might be more expensive but it means avoiding ebairsoft:D

I use the long mags alright, I think I'm just investing in some mp5 od pouches...that cost **** all so thats it sorted.

Sling swivel is the next purchase then can use my cqb sling.

Still interested for thoughts on internal upgrades that make improvements :)

• Advertisement

I've heard the MP7 mags didn't fit in MP5 pouches?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I've heard the MP7 mags didn't fit in MP5 pouches?

I heard they did :(

Ajnd I cannot see how they wouldnt tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=24044

hope this helps

EDIT: silly me forgot it was just pouches and accersories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Maybe a tightbore barrel as well.

Advertisement