Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend phone for internet use

• 20-10-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I'm basically looking for a phone to access emails and internet when I'm up north and in the UK. It needs to have Wi-Fi.

Not bothered about camera/bluetooth/ etc but would like a decent size screen.

I use an iphone at the moment and i like the touchscreen element but i've damaged the sim card holder so cant swap the sim's in and out. I was looking at 2nd hand 2g Iphones but they still around the €200, was hoping to get something a bit cheeper.

Any recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I'm basically looking for a phone to access emails and internet when I'm up north and in the UK. It needs to have Wi-Fi.

Not bothered about camera/bluetooth/ etc but would like a decent size screen.

I use an iphone at the moment and i like the touchscreen element but i've damaged the sim card holder so cant swap the sim's in and out. I was looking at 2nd hand 2g Iphones but they still around the €200, was hoping to get something a bit cheeper.

Any recommendations??

As much as I hate the thing, you will suffer on anything other than an iphone for web browsing. The Pre comes close but is mega bucks. Try getting a second hand G1 in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Samsung S8000 Jet.

Stunning screen, fantastic camera and will do the things you have listed as requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you will suffer on anything other than an iphone for web browsing.

i've an e71 and i'd say it's the other way round..e71 is great for the web..

Advertisement