Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megathreads in Travel fourm

Options
  • 20-10-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi Mods, I'm just wondering about the logic behind the London and New York superthreads in the travel forum. I can see that they were originally created to stop repetitive threads, but in my opinion, it's causing a lot of threads/posts to go unanswered. I think people are more likely to reply to a new thread rather than answer a new post in the megathread. For example, I recently posted a thread about a hotel for my parents in London, it was moved to the megathread and I received zero responses to it. There is too much of a mish mash of information on the megathreads. If you want information about hotels, you have to trawl through endless posts about flights, shopping, football matches, travel etc. It's just too difficult (especially with the search function down)

The travel forum is not an especially busy forum, I really don't think you would have multiple posts a day about London and New York if the megathreads didn't exist. And why only London and New York? If you were to exercise the same logic, you would have one for Vegas which comes up a lot, Rome, Paris etc. When would it end, soon we wouldn't be able to post any new threads.

I can see the point of a megathread in the TV or Radio forum, where people are only posting opinions. But in the travel forum, where people are looking for facts and advice, I think the megathread system is a bit harsh. I think a lot of genuine queries are going unanswered. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should PM the forum mods to discuss it :)

We're not really here to make those desicions - it's a matter for the Mods of the forums in question to decide upon.

(Personally, I see very few questions there that have gone unanswered - who's to say they would be answered in separate threads?)

Advertisement