Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another An Post issue

Options
  • 20-10-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I see An Post are in the wars. I started another thread for this issue as there might be more hope in my situation. I ordered a phone from vodafone which never showed up. They claim that their systems say An Post delivered it and received a signature on delivery.

It didn't come to my house, as I was there all day on the days in question, and the neighbours say they haven't received it either. I've never known An Post to leave a package with the neighbours anyway.

I got an An Post barcode reference from Vodafone and An Post were able to retrieve an illegible signature from time of delivery, but say that the barcode does not have a delivery address associated with it. Can this be true? If An Post made a mistake on the address, I could go chase it up myself.

Is it true that only the sender can instigate a claim? As far as vodafone were concerned, it's been delivered, tough luck, call the Guards. I would hate to think that there is nothing I can do about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

squibs wrote: »
    I see An Post are in the wars. I started another thread for this issue as there might be more hope in my situation. I ordered a phone from vodafone which never showed up. They claim that their systems say An Post delivered it and received a signature on delivery.

It didn't come to my house, as I was there all day on the days in question, and the neighbours say they haven't received it either. I've never known An Post to leave a package with the neighbours anyway.

I got an An Post barcode reference from Vodafone and An Post were able to retrieve an illegible signature from time of delivery, but say that the barcode does not have a delivery address associated with it. Can this be true? If An Post made a mistake on the address, I could go chase it up myself.

Is it true that only the sender can instigate a claim? As far as vodafone were concerned, it's been delivered, tough luck, call the Guards. I would hate to think that there is nothing I can do about this.
    tell vodafone to provide a delivery docket/note with your signiture on it and tell them you are willing to submit several specemins of your signiture for comparison!

this is vodafones problem as they have not delivered the phone and are unable to prove you signed anything for the phone and it is up to them not you to chase this up with their delivery company!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Both Vodaphone and Eircom have a poor history of sending out phones with incorrect addresses; I have had personal experience of this, get Vodaphone to confirm your address

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

ill assume you bought it online so do a charge back on your credit card, saying goods werent recieved. Let vodafone worry about getting the money back from An Post then and go buy an unlocked phone from any number of suppliers. its not like you get much in the lines of credit for buying a subisdised phone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

It does seem that vodafone posted it to the right address, and an post delivered it to the wrong place (or the postie nicked it). I've asked An Post to send out a claim form as I reckon its their foul.

Advertisement