Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Online

Options
  • 20-10-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any online shops were I could pick up some rods etc?
    I haven't fished in years but looking into getting back into some coarse fishing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

there are loads of online sites and a look through old threads here should help. Try the shops when buying a rod i would never buy online i like to get a 'feel' for it first and you cant do that online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

What part of the country are you living in? There are some good deals in lot of the land based shops now.. I recommend you go to the shop pick out that you like and then go online and compare prices including carriage.. You'll probably find you won't save a fortune unless your going for real top end stuff.. And if you have a problem you can always walk back into the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I'm living in Terenure so anywhere in dublin would be accessable

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

I would always try and support your local tackle shop and keep jobs in Ireland but if you see something you really like the look and feel of and find that the cost is much less online even with postage involved then go to your tackle shop and tell them you have found it much cheaper and I'm sure they will play ball with you. If they don't then buy it online but you may be surprised where a bit of haggling will get you. ;)

Advertisement