Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to run 2 external monitors. Advice please.

• 20-10-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I am currently using an audio program called Record that has 3 seperate windows for the main sections of the progam (rack, mixing and sequencer)

I have one external monitor at the moment and want to get another one so that each window has its own dedicated monitor.

My laptop has one VGA out and one HDMI out.

The first external monitor is connected to the laptop via the VGA out.

Is it possible to use the HDMI out to connect a 2nd external monitor?

Would I have to buy an external graphics card?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You should be able to use both together. If you're monitor doesn't have a HDMI port you can get a HDMI-DVI adapter. What model laptop is it and I can try to confirm that it supports dual output?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Thank you. Appreciate it.

HP G60 Notebook, Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00 GHz, 3.00GB RAM, 32 bit OS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Once you get your two monitors up and running, I'd suggest a piece of software called "DisplayFusion".
    I use it myself for my dual monitors.
    Great tool.

http://www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion/

Advertisement