Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking samsung B2100

• 20-10-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey,does anyone know of any website that unlocks phones for free?i can find loads but none will do the samsung b2100.if not is there any reliable place in dublin that could do it for cheap??
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most shops would unlock this for €20. Two recommend by boards users are gsm solutions and fmmobiles, but their is plenty more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

excellent,thanks.any idea where they are??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

excellent,thanks.any idea where they are??

They do have websites you know ;)

Gsm Solutions 6-7 Upper Abbey Street,Dublin 1,

76 Camden Street, Dublin 2 Or 38-40 Georges Street, Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

your dead right,that was super lazy of me to ask that question!anyway thanks again for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I'd avoid that guy in GSM solutions, this is guy from that shop.

SUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone? Give me a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

sxt wrote: »
    I'd avoid that guy in GSM solutions, this is guy from that shop.

SUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone? Give me a call

Ah yes, that bastion of quality investigative journalism, the Sunday Mirror. Guaranteed no hype, fully researched and checked for technical accuracy and of course, no hysteria.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that the article is six years old.

The gas thing is that the person who wrote that article appears to be mixing up blacklisted phones with network locked phones.

I especially like the part about "secret codes". :)

Standard tabloid hysterical drivel, tbh.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ah yes, that bastion of quality investigative journalism, the Sunday Mirror. Guaranteed no hype, fully researched and checked for technical accuracy and of course, no hysteria.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that the article is six years old.

The gas thing is that the person who wrote that article appears to be mixing up blacklisted phones with network locked phones.

I especially like the part about "secret codes". :)

Standard tabloid hysterical drivel, tbh.

I would of have liked to have read this article before I entrusted this guy with my ipod ,thats for sure

I do not believe that the person is mixing up blacklisted phones with network locked phones .A blaclisted phone is the same as a barred phone. A user called "GSM solutions ltd" posting on a forum, 4 years later.

http://www.forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=387372

He still has a book of "secret codes" for sale on his site ,allthough the content of this item may be different now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I do not believe that the person is mixing up blacklisted phones with network locked phones .A blaclisted phone is the same as a barred phone.

The article is making a direct link with stolen phones and is suggesting that the unlocking of phones is an illegal activity mostly carried our on such phones. That to me smacks of a fundamental lack of understanding of the difference between blacklisting/barring and network locking.

Not only is the journalist (and I use the term quite loosely) suggesting that GSM Solutions handles stolen merchandise, he/she is directly associating the company with criminals. Classic gutter journalism.
    A user called "GSM solutions ltd" posting on a forum, 4 years later

Yup, that's still two years ago.

In my opinion, the article is about a person knowingly participating in the trading of questionable phones,not caring if there are dodgy or not. I'm referring to the very first paragraph and quote in the article

"We do indeed buy mobile phones. We don't ask any questions - a phone is a phone. It's nicked? No bother at all, no bother."

I would infer from the above quote that GSM solutions has no qualms about handling stolen merchandise..

And if the same person is advertising 22 "barred in the republic of ireland" phones for sale ,I would be curious of them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

In my opinion, the article is more about a person knowingly participating in the trading of questionable phones,not caring if there are dodgy or not. I'm referring to the very first paragraph and quote in the article.

You can't say that! That article is a unfair and in fairness GSm should have sued the mirror, you could just as easily accuse the carphone warehouse of buying stolen goods, when someone trades in a phone or asks you to unlock it you take it at face value, there's no way of knowing if a phone is stolen or not. There is no national data base available.

I've dealth with GSM Solutions and found them pretty good with good aftercare service.

@sxt, Paper never refused ink.

• Advertisement

I edited my last posted to include the quote,.Drunkmonkey, you would never get the manger of reptuable business admitting to that, in fairness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I edited my last posted to include the quote,.Drunkmonkey, you would never get the manger of reptuable business admitting to that, in fairness?

Yea it was a stupid comment but that article is farcial so i'd take those quoted comments with a pinch of salt.. It's trying to make out the second hand phone market, unlocking etc is an illegal business. It's not.

One typical quote "
    He buys mobile phones for as little as EUR20 but he will take a top-of-the-range Nokia off you for EUR80.
    Once serviced and unlocked he sells them on for a profit of at least EUR100 each. He makes no checks to find out where the seller's phone came from"

How is he meant to check where the phone came from, he can't, if you call any of the networks and give them the IMEI they won't share any details with you as there are privacy concerns, as for making up to €100 profit, he's in business, doh!!

It's trying to make out the second hand phone market, unlocking etc is an illegal business. It's not

Not true, She even states that here.

"Donohue also has legitimate clients who need their mobile phones unlocked or bought for perfectly legal reasons."

The article is about stolen phones,the phone theif market and a guy who says "We do indeed buy mobile phones. We don't ask any questions - a phone is a phone. It's nicked? No bother at all, no bother."
    One typical quote "
    He buys mobile phones for as little as EUR20 but he will take a top-of-the-range Nokia off you for EUR80.
    Once serviced and unlocked he sells them on for a profit of at least EUR100 each. He makes no checks to find out where the seller's phone came from"

How is he meant to check where the phone came from, he can't, if you call any of the networks and give them the IMEI they won't share any details with you as there are privacy concerns, as for making up to €100 profit, he's in business, doh!!

The point is he doesn't care where the phones come from? ."We don't ask any questions -a phone is a phone. It's nicked? No bother at all, no bother"

Advertisement