Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazilian Division Two

• 20-10-2009 5:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭

2-0 with nine minutes left, with Viana needing to win 11-0 to be promoted. 11-0 final result.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I cant wait to see this video (blocked out at work!)
    I hope someone left with 10 mins to go out of disgust/ to go to the beach whatever people in Brazil do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

is it just me or are the two jersey colours extremely similar?

if it is genuine then that's amazing. From what I could tell, the defending for some of those goals is disgraceful tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Definitely no match fixing involved there.

Some brilliant displays of individual skill and a real desire to win.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fix. No defence is that bad to give 9 goals away. Corrupt much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How can you say it wasn't a fix? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thats absolutely shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive only watched the first 4 goals and I can already tell its a fix. Shocking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

wow they could of tried to cover it up somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

That's hilarious. A fix? The other team didn't even pretend to be trying! A bunch of 80 year old grannies would have made more of an attempt to defend some of those goals. Makes a bit of a mockery of that league. I'd love to see Alan Hansen analyse that defending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

MrStuffins wrote: »
    When was this?

Last Friday supposedly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

They needed to win 11-0 to stay up. Well i read that elsewhere earlier. It's BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's ridiculous! The beast on was the last goal, keeper saves and the 2 strikers fart around before squaring to yet another unmarked striker to finish and seal promotion.

I read this..
    'Viana, a team from the Second Division of Maranhao in Brazil, had to win by eleven goals difference if it intended to climb to first division. Remaining nine minutes of play they were defeating Chapadinha by 2 -0 and, raising suspicions, scored 9 goals in those 9 minutes. Chapadinha players did nothing and Viana took advantage of it scoring one goal per minute. Two clubs, Viana and the Motorcycle Club had chances of earning the promition to first division when the last round of the league was played. However, Moto Clubwas leading on goal difference.

'On Friday, both played their home games against Santa Quiteria and Chapadinha, respectively. Moto Club won 5 - 1, so everything was ready for the celebration. For its part, Moto Club can not say much, after winning with three goals from penalty kicks and wasting a fourth penalty. Thus, a corruption probe was started. Brazilian Sports authorities said there was a good chance of it resulting in sanctions against players of Chapadinha and the invalidation of the match' - Momento24.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah, im a Motorcycle Club supporter, needless to say i am raging, although i said to my mate at the time, that miss on the 4th pen is gonna cost us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

That's simply astonishing, how on earth did they think they were going to get away with it by playing like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Sure brazillians cant defend, everyone knows that....no conspiricy here at all!! (Maybe the fact the kits were similar cost a few of the goals!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So it seems like it was a response to match fixing in the other match.

One of the promotion hopefuls tried to cheat their way to promotion, so the opposition of the other hopefuls showed their contempt by letting Viana win by eleven goals.

Not so bad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gary Dempsey is in talks with Viana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Oh ffs.

I had a bet on over 11 goals :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its not exactly 'Second Division in Brazil' as stated in the title.
    Its 'Second Division of the Maranhao League' which is the second division of a local state league.
    (Brazil football works on 5 national Divisions, and below that 25 local state divisions so its the 2nd Division of one of those very minor leagues).

It's effectively something like 2nd Division of the South Kerry League - so its theoretically possible that the defending players were just bolixed in the last 10 minutes from too many Guinesses and kebabs the night before - sure we've all been there.

Certainly doubtful if theres any major bribery going on - a few sandwiches and a free sangria in the local maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That was outrageous defending. I feel sorry for the team that didnt get promoted because of it.

Its not exactly 'Second Division in Brazil' as stated in the title.
    Its 'Second Division of the Maranhao League' which is the second division of a local state league.
    (Brazil football works on 5 national Divisions, and below that 25 local state divisions so its the 2nd Division of one of those very minor leagues).

It's effectively something like 2nd Division of the South Kerry League - so its theoretically possible that the defending players were just bolixed in the last 10 minutes from too many Guinesses and kebabs the night before - sure we've all been there.

Certainly doubtful if theres any major bribery going on - a few sandwiches and a free sangria in the local maybe.

:eek:

They are giving them the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's hilarious at 1:16. The guy wins back the ball and then thinks "Oh sh*t I forgot we're supposed to let these guys win" hence he gives the ball back.

Btw Liverpool didn't buy Lucas from Chapadinha by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Lol.

It's like playing 2-player Fifa, except the other controller is on your lap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you look at the defenders after the final goal, one of them looks to the linesman and looks for offside lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

It's hilarious at 1:16. The guy wins back the ball and then thinks "Oh sh*t I forgot we're supposed to let these guys win" hence he gives the ball back.

Btw Liverpool didn't buy Lucas from Chapadinha by any chance?

Mr. Nice Guy in pointless anti-Liverpool post shocker.

Advertisement