Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor tiles loose under island

Options
  • 20-10-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Had my kitchen and a WC tiled 5 months ago and noticed fairly soon afterwards that a few had popped and are now loose. The problem is that there's several that are pinned in place by the kichen units. So, short of removing the whole kitchen to lift and reset these tiles, is there a very runny adhesive that you can pour down the side of each tile after you have removed some grout that will reset them? They're 600x600 porcelain on underfloor heating and we did use flexible adhesive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Thats a bummer, is there any way you can take off kitchen kickboard and lift up the loose tiles and try and reset it? Personally i'd get back onto tiler if they are only down 5 months and are already lifting...What was the tiles initially stuck onto, concrete or ply screwed down onto floorboards?

Even if you got something to flow in under tile to set it, I doubt very much it would last. Maybe the flexiible tile adhesive was not mixed properly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

I'm fortunate in that this is covered by the retention amount I'm still holding from the contract, so it's up to the builder and the tiling sub contractor to sort out. I was just looking for an alternatives if they are stumped. The tiles were laid on easi-screed which had a sealant applied to it. I think main prob is the expansion/contraction caused by the ufh, just don't fancy this turning into a major job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Oops sorry forgot you said you have UFH...Me and my floorboards!!!!

Best bet is to get back to contractor...

Advertisement