Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV/DVD combos with 12V DC

Options
  • 20-10-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Purchased a Bush LCD19W08DVDHD combo in Tesco late last year. The unit is powered from the ac mains using a transformer to generate the 12V dc current. Works perfectly when using this power source. However I really wanted to use it in a caravan and assumed the 12V input could as easily have come from a 12V battery.
    When I connected it to the battery through a conventional cigar lighter plug the unit standby light lit up to indicate it was connected but the unit refused to actually go from standby to power-on i.e. active.

Do these units need a very accurate 12V supply. Conventional batteries can vary from 11.5 to 13.8 V.

Can I get something which will resolve this problem satisfactorily (and cheaply)?

Tony

Comments

Advertisement