Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody take requests?

Options
  • 20-10-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I need a banner saying "House Of House"
    595px X 125px

I would like it similar to this: (bright colours)

lelogo.jpg

I would also like another saying "H.O.H" 150px X 150px
    Similar to the main one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

and you're offering what in exchange?

Design at €40/hr

I'd say a months worth of club tickets would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I would also like to know what your budget is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I would suggest you read through this thread before making such a request here.

Investing in a crash hat is also advisable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I made a logo for that guy in the end, for free, and I'm a professional :eek:

It's a little job, if anyone can do it for the postee then please do so. If you don't want to do it then don't.

Seems like a 30 minute job to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Doing work for free is just going to damage the industry and keep more and more designer out of work. There are a lot of other services (anything from clothes alterations - doctors prescriptions) that only take 15-30 min but I always have to pay for these. Why should design services be any different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

mood wrote: »
    Doing work for free is just going to damage the industry and keep more and more designer out of work. There are a lot of other services (anything from clothes alterations - doctors prescriptions) that only take 15-30 min but I always have to pay for these. Why should design services be any different?
    People outside the profession don't get it really. Such is life. Doing stuff for free is good, but it is not good to do it for 'any' individual who happens to pop in and say 'hey, do this job for free for me', Thanks!

No harm in asking and all that OP, but I for one still highlight the cause of design work, (large or small) being recognised as a skilled occupation that deserves respect.

That is something that folks in general have to learn to appreciate by simply not taking this profession for granted. A simple offer of trade of services in kind, a promise of recognition for work done or anything of the like is a good start as an inclusion to any request.

This is not a debate it is a foregone conclusion as already discussed on a previous thread, so it should not be continued as such. I would like to simply make a point... If you want work done and you don't have cash to fork out, then ask nice, give a reason why you cannot pay, and possibly offer some kind of service in return. That would be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I need a banner saying "House Of House"
    595px X 125px

I would like it similar to this: (bright colours)

lelogo.jpg

I would also like another saying "H.O.H" 150px X 150px
    Similar to the main one.

Thanks!

What do you want to keep on this?

Do you want LivingElectro to be kept and just change Home of House to House of House?

Or do you want House of House to be where Livingelectro is and nothing underneath?

Do you want the lion icons on either side?

Do you want a similar background?

Answer those questions and I'll try and sort you out.

Advertisement