Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highlights..

• 20-10-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey guys, i was just wondering what you think...,i'm considering getting some blond highlights in my hair for a while, my hair is brown more of a lightish color and has never been dyed before...would i be able to get a full head of blond highlights straight away?
    obviously i'm gonna ask the hairdresser about this but just wanted some other opinoins on the best way to go about it...
    Also any ideas on how often you'd have to top up?
    thanks guys...,just getting a few ideas cause i dunno if it's worth it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Don't see any reason you can't get them done. Plus they'll advise you on a best suiting shade for your hair, most of the hair colour charts are standard from what I know.

If you have long hair then a full head of highlights is pricy, so If you hair is long and you don't really tie it up high much you can easily get away with a half head of highlights.

Source a good hairdresser, cos if you want highlights much much more lighter than your own hair colour you need a hairdresser who will get them as close to the scalp as possible. I got highlights last year and one side as left looking like they were weeks old compared to the other!! Plus that same side she put thicker highlights than the other... needless to say never when back there!

On average ppl get 4-8 wks from highlights, depend on colour of the highlights and how fast your hair grows.

All I can really say, that's one thing I am adamant on now is use a hairdresser with recommendations... I've seen ppl come out of Peter Marks with worse highlights than what I got out of the salon I used last year so I wouldn't recommend them unless you know a reaaaalllyyy good stylist in it or summit.

Advertisement