Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Revision Books

Options
  • 20-10-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey guys
    know like everyone says they all do the same thing..,but just wondering what one people think are better cause i'm getting some and not sure of the revise wise or less stress more success
    i've heard revise wise would be a better one but is that all crap, are they really both just as good
    thanks a lot:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

emzxxx wrote: »
    hey guys
    know like everyone says they all do the same thing..,but just wondering what one people think are better cause i'm getting some and not sure of the revise wise or less stress more success
    i've heard revise wise would be a better one but is that all crap, are they really both just as good
    I have a few revise wise and theyre fairly easy to follow.
    From what ive heard less stress = ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

emzxxx wrote: »
    hey guys

For what subject? Some are good for a certain subject and shít for others. Generally Revise Wise arent very good, or well laid out.

I find Shortcuts to Success is good for Business and Less Stress.... good for Geography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Hi all,

Whats the best revision book for maths (ord level) and irish (hons)?

Thanks in advance.

Dandoline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Dandoline wrote: »
    Hi all,

Whats the best revision book for maths (ord level) and irish (hons)?

Thanks in advance.

Dandoline.

For Maths, you shouldn't bother with a revision book, according to my teacher. We have a copy specifically for exam questions and once we've done that, she said that's "the best revision" we'll have :P
    As for Irish, my teacher just gives us a load of notes. She also gives us sample answers from Irish newspapers such as Foinse and such. She's given us notes from revision books, Revise Wise, I think, but I didn't find them helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I like Rapid Revision for Chemistry and Less Stress for Geography.

My Maths teacher left a big range of the revision books in her room for us to look at and none of them were decent to be totally honest. Exam papers are the way to go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arlenemcgrath

wel i've got revise wise for both biology and physics and there really easy to follow they have everything your need in it.:D
    i've also got less stress for honours maths nd geography nd der **** i find them awful hard to follow:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I think the chemistry LESS STRESS.... is the only good one. I went into reids today looking for a geography book. I looked at the less stress, which was pretty big and bulky, while the revise wise was slimmer, cheaper and i just noticed that it has the eco points thing. Usually i wouldn't have gone with the revise wise but because Geography kinda overlaps in some areas within the physical element and occasionaly the urban developement stuff I went with the revise wise, if I find its not doin me any good I'll post and let yous know.

Also my biology teacher specially ordered this really thin books that are just called LEAVING CERT BIOLOGY HIGHER LEVEL. I haven't seen them in the shops but it's bacially a 30 page book thats the size of about a third of an A4 page that contains 90% of what you need to know for the biology course.

As for maths, don't bother with them, u can't get any more condensed than the textbook and you should be doing questions not looking at examples.

For Irish... hmm usually i'd get the less stress but I'm in lower for LC so i don't plan on doin any revision.

thats my 2 cents anyway, differnt people write all the books so some are better than others obviously, you have to take time and give them both a chance, and it is definetly worth it, once you go through the syllabus thers no need to go back to your textbook if you have good revision books.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭HotP0pp3r

Listen up goons, you cant pick a better one it depends on the student and their learning ability, ya feel me blud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Thanks for the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Am got a biology revision book at the start of this year ts only 49 pages and has all the experiments in it. Its really good and gets straight to the point!

Its: Essentials Unfolded, Leaving certificate Biology Higher and Ordinary level, published by the celtic press

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭HotP0pp3r

Thank you sir but i have this already, appreciate the advice tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arlenemcgrath

i no dat geo 1 is so hard 2 use but it was my sis's 1 so im buyin a new 1 4 myself
    thanks 4 da help

Advertisement