Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash trader Drogheda

Options
  • 20-10-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any experiance trading with these in the abby center in Drogheda?

Went into them today, with some stuff. Not sure what to make of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any experiance trading with these in the abby center in Drogheda?

Went into them today, with some stuff. Not sure what to make of them.

Which way does it work, do they give u money up front or try to sell the stuff for u and then give u the money they get minus their share or what ?

If they give u the money up front are the prices fair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

They pay in advance and are legit, have no been in myself but hear good reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'd say they fleece you on the amount they give you.

bottomdog wrote: »
    They pay in advance and are legit, have no been in myself but hear good reports.

And what do they take, anything and everything ?

Insurgent wrote: »
    I'd say they fleece you on the amount they give you.

U speaking from experience there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I asked here as i was about to go down to them With a desktop, flat screen monitor, web cam, and speakers. The computer which is about 2 years old and runs vista, 2 gig of ram, 320 gb HDD. Not a single flaw about it.

Who can guess what I was offered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I asked here as i was about to go down to them With a desktop, flat screen monitor, web cam, and speakers. The computer which is about 2 years old and runs vista, 2 gig of ram, 320 gb HDD. Not a single flaw about it.

Who can guess what I was offered?
    200-300

€60.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

A fiddle round the back of the Abbey

€30

€30

I'll give ya 50 quid for it and i'll even pick it up !!!

Guess u didn't take up their kind offer :eek:

• Advertisement

No, the idiots dont know a good computer from thier gom head faces.

All they wanted it for was the housing! :rolleyes:

Ya can pick it up for €180! :D

30 euro, sure they may as well have offered nothing, thought you'd say about €100.

Even if i was offered €100 i still would have considered it feck all, €30 was just an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

€30

Jebus they sound like a bunch of chancers. I hate those type of places. I always feel they are preying on people.

Dingatron wrote: »
    Jebus they sound like a bunch of chancers. I hate those type of places. I always feel they are preying on people.

you should try our banks :D . well if someone has something they no longer need its a good place to sell it too, and if someone has a tight budget , its a good place to but from. No harm done. But it can be sad to see desperate people having to sell well below the value they may place on an item.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Unless they're very tech savvy I'd imagine they don't take many risks with computers and stuff. They're still lowlives taking advantage of people though. Wonder how many people are actually that stuck for €30. Are they local?

€30 for a desktop PC with 2GB Ram, 320GB HDD, monitor, webcam and speakers included?

And you're now looking to sell it for €180?

Am I reading something wrong here? Surely a PC like that, even second hand, would be worth about 300-400 euro?

What are they like to buy from, out of curiousity? Prices any good? Any decent items or is everything battered old crap?

€30 for a desktop PC with 2GB Ram, 320GB HDD, monitor, webcam and speakers included?

Am I reading something wrong here? Surely a PC like that, even second hand, would be worth about 300-400 euro?

What are they like to buy from, out of curiousity? Prices any good? Any decent items or is everything battered old crap?

i have tried selling it for that, and its worth about that.

But as ya know, its all laptops now.

I wouldnt buy anything thats technicall off them, like computers as ive seen first hand, they have no idea what they are looking for in a PC.

If they see a laptop running windows ME or something, they will offer you top buck for it because - its a laptop, then sell it to someone who knows nothing about laptops and ask's them for a"laptop", as we all know, there are certain things a PC must have, to them, a PC with a lid will sell for 100's even if its only worth a pack of smokes.

When i went in, they had a second hand blu ray player in the case, with they were selling for about 300, when i worked in currys over 2 months ago, that model was being sold at RRP €180.

Fúck them, they wont get my money or my usless crap rotting in my house, I hope to see them burn out and fade away to the dole Q's with all thier uselss shít that they have aquired over the past 6 months.

if anyone wants a desktop - gimme a shout!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's a pawn shop. Pawn shops rip everyone (buyer and seller) off equally :-)
    That shopping centre is like a ghost town! I heard they're renting out the shops for €100 a week with no minimum lease term.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mythicalireland

eBay's your only man in situations like this. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

Stick your items for sale on Adverts.ie , don't get ripped off by these hungry greedy b'stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thatstheway

yeps..ive had dealings with these guys on several occassions in drogheda... a friend recommended them to me....and in fairness found them verey proffessional and fair....great place to off load unwanted items and get some euros........

mattock wrote: »
    Stick your items for sale on Adverts.ie , don't get ripped off by these hungry greedy b'stards.
    Please refrain from the use of bad language and insulting people making a living. They are within the law and people have freewill to deal or not deal with them. No need to 'b'stardise' them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

bottomdog wrote: »
    Please refrain from the use of bad language and insulting people making a living. They are within the law and people have freewill to deal or not deal with them. No need to 'b'stardise' them.

bottomdog,

Since when did you become a MOD, and what is the bad language you are refering to.
    These gentlemen in question are preying on vulnerable people, and offering them a pittance for ther valuables and selling them for a much greater profit, next thing you know they will be lending money for christmas to the same vulnerable people who in turn will not be able to pay it back. What then mr bottom.

let's not judge others...perhaps people need this money and have nowhere else to turn. Money lending is desperate I agree and I sadly have personal experience of it..

These places are out to screw you. They prey on the poor and fleece them. They have no idea what they are buying or what price they should pay.

I went in to one in Dundalk for a test to see what they would give me. I have a white gold rigg with three diamonds in it worth about €500. I asked what they would give me for it. They said €30. I laughed and said goodbye.

I can understand people that are in need of money but for what these cowboays pay out it's not worth it.

Sell privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brashers

i'v been in once with a few x box games. idiots only offered €1 each but were selling the same for €20 on the shelf behind them.
    looks like the guy with the twisted nose couldnt find his arse with his two hands tied behind his back. stay away from these places. you would get a better deal from d the knackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Drogheda_Lad

Just Got 85 cash off them for me guitar! :cool: Happy daze !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Way off... you could prob buy a laptop / desktop brand new for that price. If its any brand other then sony then just keep it or give to kids. Worth about €50 - €75. What brand, processor, kind of monitor, graphics card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Even if i was offered €100 i still would have considered it feck all, €30 was just an insult.

I took in my old printer (when I say 'old', I mean it was almost three years old) to those chancers late last year. It was still working grand but I wanted to clear space for the new printer/scanner/copier I bought.

Feckers only offered me €25 for it. :mad:

Advertisement