Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco patio furniture

Options
  • 20-10-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

My mum bought me a patio table & chair set last year ( june) for my birthday. I just noticed the table is rusting. I want to go back to Tesco as I dont think I am being unreasonable that an outdoor table should not rust. However:
    1. It was a gift - I have no receipt but there was double points on it so they could actually trace it back under her clubcard number.
    2. Its over a year old. ( usual 12 months bull)

Any ideas what i should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Any thing that's outdoors needs to be maintained, you can try Tesco but you might just be relying on their good will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jenzz wrote: »
    My mum bought me a patio table & chair set last year ( june) for my birthday. I just noticed the table is rusting. I want to go back to Tesco as I dont think I am being unreasonable that an outdoor table should not rust. However:
    1. It was a gift - I have no receipt but there was double points on it so they could actually trace it back under her clubcard number.
    2. Its over a year old. ( usual 12 months bull)

Any ideas what i should do?

It all depends on what type of rust you have on it. If it's only surface rust then sand and paint it. If it's deep rust bring it back and use her club card as proof of purchase.

As EKRIUQ said, anything that's left out doors has to be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Was it this one by any chance?

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/News_+_Research/Product_Recalls/Tesco_recalls_Rio_Patio_Set.html

If it was bring it back and your get a full refund no matter what.

If not, I would have to say that you should expect to have to sand and paint outdoor furniture once a year....

I was lucky to get from March to October without painting my wooden garden set, even though it was under a shelter.

Advertisement