Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venetian window blinds

Options
  • 20-10-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

We recently bought a new house, and all the widows are really odd HUGE sizes. The standard maximum width in blinds is 180cm. Our windows are 225cm!

Can anyone recommend a cheap-ish blind company? We got a quote over the phone for 1500 euro for 10 windows. Thats with the current '40% discount' they are offering. Are blinds really that expensive? Has anyone else had them made for their house?

Any suggestions or help is appeciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

€1500 for 10 windows sounds alright, assuming they're all a reasonable size. Price would also depend on what materials they're made of.

But for a recommendation, I used Mounttown Blinds (http://www.mounttownblinds.com/) for vertical blinds a couple of months ago. Their quote was very competitive and service was excellent. No issues at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had blinds of all sizes made for my house, from huge ones to tiny narrow ones, no problem. I'll pm you the details of the company I used, they were very reasonable and the blinds are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

That price sounds very good for Dublin if it is measured and fitted.
    On windows that size it is worth considering fitting more 2 or more (smaller) blinds to each window.

Advertisement