Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 3 year old in home based childcare, but should I send to preschool??

• 20-10-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi everyone,

My son, who has just turned 3, goes to childcare everyday. It is in the childminders home and she is very qualified - she used to manage a creche/playschool.
    He asks me all the time can he go to school, as he sees the older kids in the childminders heading off.
    Is it OK for kiddies to go straight to school from a home environment? I know school is nearly 2 years away.
    He's an only child and I'm on my own, and I know even arranging for him to go to a Montessori for a few hours a day would be hard done, I work full time.
    But for his sake, should I try to work something out, or is there time enough yet?
    First time mammy's should really be given an instruction manual :)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

Your son will get a year of preschool free under the new government ECCE scheme. Try to find a preschool near your childminder's house and I'm sure she will bring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Oh wow, I didn't know that...coz costs of preschool off putting as am on my own.
    On to Google I go

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Be sure to check the prices first.
    We've been looking for somewhere for my 3yo son to go next year. Only one local creche seems to have adjusted their prices so that money from the new government ECCE scheme covers the cost.
    Others are going to be charging parents a cash amount on top of claiming under the new government ECCE scheme.

Advertisement