Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Battery - Any Recommendations

• 20-10-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I am looking to purchase a replacement laptop battery for a Lenovo Thinkpad R60e. Doing a quick Google, Froogle & eBay search showed me a whole host of laptop battery retailers.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a particular retailer for laptop batteries? As an aside - does anyone know if the battery is not manufactured by the same company as the laptop is it a big deal?

Any tips appreciated,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

jArgHA wrote: »
    I am looking to purchase a replacement laptop battery for a Lenovo Thinkpad R60e. Doing a quick Google, Froogle & eBay search showed me a whole host of laptop battery retailers.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a particular retailer for laptop batteries? As an aside - does anyone know if the battery is not manufactured by the same company as the laptop is it a big deal?

Any tips appreciated,
    jAH

I have used these last week and they seem OK?

http://www.g-batteries.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MisterMagoo

I bought a battery for a Dell laptop from these people, Google "theaffordablelaptopcompany", they show up on ebay.co.uk. Very quick delivery, cheaper than Dell and it was a real Dell part, not a clone.
    I would always buy an original part when it is a power supply...you don't want to risk anything when electricity is concerned.

BTW, just beware of the post strike in the UK for delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Thanks guys, useful info there and thanks for heads up on postal strike in UK - I wasn't aware of that. I'll look up the retailers suggested.

Advertisement